Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:12 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by Jump
Wow, the new coupons are kind of a mess. No big deal to me as long as the flight attendants still recognize/accept them.
agree, as i have flight attendants who didn't recognize them and those who did but didn't have the cocktails requested (transpac flights, beer and headsets are free)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
Wife (FO) just got rocks.
Aren't the coupons for Sky Priority customers only, i.e., Gold Medallions and higher?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by MS02113
Aren't the coupons for Sky Priority customers only, i.e., Gold Medallions and higher?
Maybe it's an enhancement that sometimes includes FOs (excepting the post above yours). Delta needs to give 'em something....bless their hearts.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by BadgerFlyer91
I Believe that the programming doesn't give these to diamonds. I haven't seen on since last year, despite sitting in coach mre than I would like. And yet I continue to see my gold or platinum colleagues with them regularly. Truly disappointing.
I couldn't agree more. I fly MSP-BOS weekly as a DM on M fares. I have not cleared the UG once, and have never, ever received a coupon. The rest of the cabin seems to be flush with them.

Last edited by flying_q; Mar 3, 2011 at 8:45 am
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Grumble, grumble.
Flying tomorrow -- DCA-BOS-MSP-PDX. Upgraded only DCA-BOS so far. Printed boarding passes. Diamond MM -- no have one on us. Coupons for onion rings in PDX, Sky Club discount, and a discounted book from audible.com.
Grumble, grumble.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by Vuelos
But it's easier to rant about being fleeced rather than interact in an adult-like manner.
Hmmm. A flame post insulting someone for whining. Anyone else see the irony here?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Crackerpup
Maybe it's an enhancement that sometimes includes FOs (excepting the post above yours). Delta needs to give 'em something....bless their hearts.
Now you know Delta can't do that. It goes against everything they've made Silver Medallion stand for.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:10 pm

For data point, for anyone who's counting, just checked in for my flight tomorrow, no upgrade, received coupon. So after several without, my last 2 non-upgraded flights have had a coupon.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
3/7 PBI-DTW-YYZ
OLCI, no upgrade, no coupon
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
I've gotten coupons on 3 of 4 eligible flights in the last few weeks. On the 4th segment I was ticked off that I couldn't print my BP in advance (said check-in w agent was required) & I ended up getting my upgrade at the gate. Wasn't keen on the more cluttered format with local weather, event info (which was already on non-elite BPs), but since Jacob said they're monetizing that space, then Delta, go for it.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I used to be confused about why I got a coupon only on my Monday morning and never on Thursday evening, but now that it has been clarified, all is well.

I like getting the coupons even if I'm not going to be drinking on Monday morning on the way to work. Like I said, its cool getting a snack box. The flight attendants are often very interested in what's inside and I've even offered to share. It's something fun I wouldn't buy on my own without the coupon and its nice to have snacks for later at the hotel in the evening.

I like the coupons.

The suggestion I would make is to loosen up the expiration date. I think my coupons are always valid from Monday to Wednesday, but it would be great if they were valid through Thursday. Then when I don't get one on Thursday, like I no longer expect to after the clarification provided, I can just save the one from Monday and use it then. That would be fun.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Silver, AVIS First
I get them about 75% of the time since I hit GM in November, but have never been able to use one. Either:

~ It's Monday morning, I can't drink because I'm going to work, and the flights are too short to even have snack boxes available

~ I get upgraded at the gate

It would be nice if they could extend the expiration to about a week, I have had two cases where I got one on Monday, couldn't use it because I won't drink on Monday morning and no snack boxes available... and then didn't get UG on my Friday return, but no coupon on Friday -- and Monday's was already expired.

I almost laugh when I get one now because they seem to have no benefit for me, personally, given my flying pattern. (Except, oddly, being a pretty good predictor that I'm going to get a battlefield UG -- and I'll never complain about that being a "reason I didn't get to use a HOOU coupon".)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I agree that Delta has been a little sloppy in their communications.
Or they don't communicate at all...
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM, CO Silver
Got one today, flying JFK-SEA on a rewards flight.

I think I've gotten one everytime I haven't gotten an upgrade. Still hoping for a gate upgrade though!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Flew PHX-ATL last week on a Tuesday morning. Guy next to me must have cleared at the gate. After our breakfast and his three bloody marys, he pulls out the HOOU and asks them to go get him a snack box so he can take it home, which she did.

With crap like that, the coupons won't exist at all for long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.