Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just short of 75K to reach platinum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Just short of 75K to reach platinum

I will fall around 250 miles short of 75k mqm will delta comp me to platinum? Or do I have to find an additional 250? Does any one have any experience with this??
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by bizfly
I will fall around 250 miles short of 75k mqm will delta comp me to platinum? Or do I have to find an additional 250? Does any one have any experience with this??
Delta will not comp you to PL since you'll rollover miles. You'll need to fly or find a promo at this point.

Try doing a search in FT on the same topic. Lots of threads and advice to read through.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
I first read the title as "I'm short 75K miles for Platinum"...thinking it was a mock thread...oh what could have been.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
This comes up several times at the end of every year. You MIGHT get lucky and Delta do it but you better not count on it. I would be very surprised if you would ever get anyone at Delta to tell you in advance that it will be OK. After all, they want you to fly more this year.

But the bigger point if the line isn't 75,000 where should it be? 74,750? 74,000? 73,500? 70,000? I would just assume that they draw the line where the line is drawn at 75,000.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (PM), HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jtrue28
I first read the title as "I'm short 75K miles for Platinum"...thinking it was a mock thread...oh what could have been.
I thought the same thing.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by WalkinPneumonia
I thought the same thing.
Me too. Would have been funny ...
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly
Me too. Would have been funny ...
+1. haha!!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by indufan
This comes up several times at the end of every year. You MIGHT get lucky and Delta do it but you better not count on it. I would be very surprised if you would ever get anyone at Delta to tell you in advance that it will be OK. After all, they want you to fly more this year.

But the bigger point if the line isn't 75,000 where should it be? 74,750? 74,000? 73,500? 70,000? I would just assume that they draw the line where the line is drawn at 75,000.
Unless you are a potentially extra-valuable customer. If you're buying low-to-mid level fares exclusively, don't count on anything. If you're exclusively buying full F/J/Y fares and are just short of a level, then you might get an extra look and get the bump up. Just don't count on it though - best bet is to fly the miles.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
I will be in that state next year (hopefully).
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bizfly
i was 95 miles short last year and didn't get comped, so i wouldn't count on it, but it doesn't hurt to ask (i didn't ask).
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:59 pm

Depending on your flying pattern for next year it might be better to drop down to GM and get a whole bunch of rollover miles. Also I believe Delta is having some sort of MQM for charity donations. Tax writeoff and you get up to PM
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Me, too. I was like, oh boy, we are going to have fun recommending an MR for this one!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Also I believe Delta is having some sort of MQM for charity donations. Tax writeoff and you get up to PM
I believe it is too late for that.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Depending on your flying pattern for next year it might be better to drop down to GM and get a whole bunch of rollover miles. Also I believe Delta is having some sort of MQM for charity donations. Tax writeoff and you get up to PM
Originally Posted by indufan
I believe it is too late for that.
FTR, it ended Dec 15. It's fly time or spend ALOT on Amex in the next 10 days.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:34 pm

I am 100 miles short of diamond. asked delta to comp the difference and they said no. Its a frustrating as had it all mapped out but then delta cancelled my last flight of the year and then had to use another airline. any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.