Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Benefits Selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM; Co Gold; PC Plat; Hhonors Silver
Well it seems the system stopped allowing people to choose Choice Benefits for 2010 sometimes between 12/8 and 12/11.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by domcharles
Well it seems the system stopped allowing people to choose Choice Benefits for 2010 sometimes between 12/8 and 12/11.
I saw this thread...I made PM in Oct and have been avoiding the emails about choosing my choice benefits for 2011...I logged in and was able to pick from 2010 and 2011, so I took my 2010 benefits. I'll probably take my 2011 benefits as well.
I ended up taking the miles for 2010 and probably will take them for 2011. The SWUs seem too sketchy for me as I can't buy the class of tickets that can be upgraded on international flights. I don't seem to have enough time to enjoy the lounge passes if I chose them. Gifting status to one of my parents doesn't seem worth it for their one or 2 flights a year.

Happy Holidays all!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: DL PM; Co Gold; PC Plat; Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by domcharles
I was not clear in my post, sorry.

It seems that the system stopped allowing people to choose Choice Benefits for 2010 if the person qualified for PM or DM sometimes after 12/8.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:10 am
Suspended

Same here. I qualified two days ago for Platinum status. I logged on today to pick my Choices and it only allows me to pick 2011.

I specifically went for Platinum status (instead of having a ton of rollover miles) due to the 2010 AND 2011 gifts.

Anyone get resolution on this?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
As I'm sure you've all seen, the Choice Benefits terms and conditions state the following:

"Eligibility for Choice Benefits is based upon a status change to Platinum or Diamond Medallion within a given status year."

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp

December falls within the "status year," thus shouldn't we be eligible for a 2010 choice benefit?

I just made Platinum yesterday (though my account hasn't yet updated from Gold). I will be extremely frustrated if I do not qualify for a 2010 benefit. That was a substantial part of my decision to go for Platinum as opposed to retaining rollover miles for next year.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rraskopf
I just made Platinum yesterday (though my account hasn't yet updated from Gold). I will be extremely frustrated if I do not qualify for a 2010 benefit. That was a substantial part of my decision to go for Platinum as opposed to retaining rollover miles for next year.
Well, I made Platinum a day earlier than you and it was reflected this morning. The system (delta.com) would only let me choose for 2011. If I can't choose 2010, I will be completely pis*ed since I would have just stayed Gold with the healthy rollover.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:50 pm

Realize I'm a little late to the party, but the system recognized my PM status sometime on the 9th, and I was able to select my 2010 CB no problem.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Realize I'm a little late to the party, but the system recognized my PM status sometime on the 9th, and I was able to select my 2010 CB no problem.

Same here, I chose the $200 Delta voucher for 2010, but held off on 2011. New to this, does this voucher get mailed or is it an E-voucher that should show in my profile? I never recieved an email or any type of notification.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by cheesewiz
Same here, I chose the $200 Delta voucher for 2010, but held off on 2011. New to this, does this voucher get mailed or is it an E-voucher that should show in my profile? I never recieved an email or any type of notification.
E-voucher that posts to your profile. It posts immediately IIRC, but you don't get an e-mail for a few days.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
To respond to the OP's question, I qualified for PM in 2010. I chose the $200 voucher for my 2010 choice, and the 4 SWUs for 2011. I used 2 SWUs to upgrade from W to J on AF JFK-CDG ($1250) and 2 to upgrade JFK-MAN-AMS-JFK ($2300). I've burned the 4 SWUs in about 1 month, so I've clearly found them useful.

To address the issue with 2010/11 choices...I received 1 PM choice for 2010 and 1 for 2011, plus 2 DM choices for 2010 and 2 for 2011 (I've not selected any DM choices yet). I qualified for PM in Sept and DM in November, and would find it brutally unfair if people who qualified a couple weeks later were deprived of their choices for 2010.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rraskopf
As I'm sure you've all seen, the Choice Benefits terms and conditions state the following:

"Eligibility for Choice Benefits is based upon a status change to Platinum or Diamond Medallion within a given status year."

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp

December falls within the "status year," thus shouldn't we be eligible for a 2010 choice benefit?
Well, I just wrote to Kevin Pinto and he forwarded my note to the powers that be. I will let you know when I hear something.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, CO Gold, Hertz Gold
Just bumped to PM from GM last night. Specifically came on here to clarify the 2010/2011 issue, but find that others are having the same problem. All I get is a 2011 selection... wish they had posted the cut-off date.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, UA 1P, Hyatt Passport Diamond, SPG Gold
I just rolled Diamond as well thanks to a cheap MR DCA-JFK. I only got the selection ability for 2011. When I got Platinum a few months back, I was able to choose for both 2010 and 2011. I double dipped and grabbed the 4 SWUs twice, for which I still have about 6 months left to use.

I was hoping to be able to pick for both 2010 and 2011 on DM for 4 selections total. Since I still have SWUs, was probably going to do two vouchers, a set of Sky Club passes to give to my parents and friends, and gift GM to my friend who currently has loyalty to AA.

I did think that was strange a few months back that I was able to select twice when I rolled Platinum. In my case of qualifying for DM, my run I just did last weekend on 12/11.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat.
Well, I've now had three e-mail exchanges with DL and one phone conversation with a kind but clueless phone agent regarding this. There seems to be a lot of confusion, but it is clear from the last e-mail that I will (perhaps, maybe, someday, etc.) be able to choose both a 2010 and 2011 Diamond choice benefit (I qualified on 12/14). However, the website still only asks me to make a 2011 choice and my latest e-mail has been forwarded to their "Elite Pro Representative" (whoever that is) for review. I doubt I will hear back. Thoughts or help from anyone??
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intransition
Thoughts or help from anyone??
Not sure what kind of "thoughts" or" help" anyone here can provide.

Recap:
1) a number of us have reached out to Delta
2) Delta is aware of the situation
3) we are waiting to hear back from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.