Wiki Posts
Search

Good job Delta!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Thumbs up Good job Delta!

I was flying DL 2273 ATL-MIA last night (11/26) and as boarding began a crew member came off the plane and told the GA that the Co-pilot had a family emergency and would not be able to make the flight. Crew asked the families who had pre-boarded to leave aircraft. At this point I'm thinking I'll be spending the night in ATL. GA made phone calls. Told everyone he had no idea how long we would be delayed. Within 10 minutes of the situation coming to light, another pilot was found and we departed pretty much on time.

Kudos to everyone for the way the problem was handled, explained and resolved. ^
Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I am impressed they got you out only 10 minutes late (just the boarding interruption itself would likely be worse).

But I don't think finding a DL pilot in ATL was a major surprise.

Truly impressive though would be to do this out of SYD or such.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 5:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Was the original first officer (co-pilot) already on the plane?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by NYBanker
Was the original first officer (co-pilot) already on the plane?
No, the original f.o. was scanning BPs

Seriously though, you have a good point. If the "sick call" had been from home hours before the flight then this was a poor/average job from DL. While if real time (he got a call while boarding) then it was a good reaction by DL.

We will never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.