Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fast Response to request for mileage credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)

I fly into SBA a lot and getting credit for the American Eagle flights is always hit or miss. Recently it had been coming automatically, but on my last trip I have had to request credit for both legs.

My first request was answered within a day. My second request (submitted less than 30 minutes ago) was answered within 10 minutes.

A definite improvement over just a few months back when it took over 5 days to get a response to several questions.

I'll hope this is a trend towards faster responses. ^

David
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I had flights Sat that were delayed (due to MSP snow), and DL rebooked me on another airline. This also involved a bonus city as well. I just knew I would have to involve Kevin Pinto to get his properly credited, but to my amazement these legs all posted as original routing with the proper bonus by Sun AM!
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I get a response within a day. However, in recent memory, it has taken then 5 or 6 tries to get it right because nobody seems to be looking at what the person before them did to understand what is still wrong. So in my experience it still takes at least a week.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Originally Posted by javabytes
I get a response within a day. However, in recent memory, it has taken then 5 or 6 tries to get it right because nobody seems to be looking at what the person before them did to understand what is still wrong. So in my experience it still takes at least a week.
+1
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
OP, how did you get them to post? Did you fax to Medallion Services? Fax to SM Support Center? Curious to know, as my last two faxes to SM Center went unanswered for about 2 weeks before I went to reliable KP. I hated to have to do that for postings, but KP came to the rescue as he always does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.