Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Membership Rewards 50% bonus and 25K DL MQM for 50K MR Transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership Rewards 50% bonus and 25K DL MQM for 50K MR Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by daveland
I would say you would see absolutely no difference. As FO, logged in or not, I see no difference. I'm not sure if higher levels do or not, but I wouldn't do the transfer if you have no status for that reason.
As gold, I definitely have seen differences. Just last week, I was comparing options with my wifes SM account (general member) and mine (gold) and I had a few more options and one of the options I booked was low while it was medium in her acount.

Not major differences but enough that I now always book miles from her acct first since I consider the SM in my account slightly more valuable.

By the way, definitely remember the free stopover option on delta awards. It's a great feature. A good number of people complain about skymiles but I've had great luck this year on domestic redemptions. We save our OW and StarAlliance miles for intl travel.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I xfered like this in 2 batches and still have not gotten MQMs, curious if anyone has been able to get these added manually?
Originally Posted by msp2msy
Agreed. The clear trend seems to be that if you make a single transfer of 50k MR, it all works instantly. I believe there are 2-3 of us posting in this thread that are in the same situation and the Skymiles promotion desk seems aware of the issue, as noted in the post motytrah initially replied to.

Strongly appears that if make 2 (or more presumably) transfers that total 50k but are each less than 50k, then the 50% RDM applies instantly but not the MQM.

Details of my 11/5 conversation with Delta:

I kind of knew better than to trust their IT systems. I'm sure it'll work itself out soon enough.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I xfered like this in 2 batches and still have not gotten MQMs, curious if anyone has been able to get these added manually?
Originally Posted by msp2msy
Agreed. The clear trend seems to be that if you make a single transfer of 50k MR, it all works instantly. I believe there are 2-3 of us posting in this thread that are in the same situation and the Skymiles promotion desk seems aware of the issue, as noted in the post motytrah initially replied to.

Strongly appears that if make 2 (or more presumably) transfers that total 50k but are each less than 50k, then the 50% RDM applies instantly but not the MQM.

Details of my 11/5 conversation with Delta:

I kind of knew better than to trust their IT systems. I'm sure it'll work itself out soon enough.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
If this promo works for me.... it will be another home run for Flyer Talk! Last month I used the SWUs for upgrades on AF-- that program kicked in about 5 days before my flight and I never would have known about the SWU-redeemability on AF-metal, were it not for Flyer Talk.

Now this outstanding promo with the 25K MQM gives me an incentive to redeem MR points for Skymiles that I really don't otherwise need. (This promo is a BIG benefit for those of us who earn our MQM the hard way and don't fly through cities with the double MQM promotions.) As it stands now with my flying pattern, I figured I already requalified in July for Diamond in 2011 and will easily make 2012 next year with the rollover. Now this extra 25K MQM will bring me up to 225K MQM by year end which should provide me enough piece of mind to know that I can carry over Diamond at least into the 2013 program year.

To be safe that this promo works out, I registered a few days ago. Then I went back again today and tried to reregister again and was happy to receive the message "Error: You are already registered for this promotion."

That done, I went ahead and transferred the 50K MR miles. The points credited immediately but I have not received any bonuses.

I note everyone is asking on here whether there is a problem that the 25K mileage bonus and the 25K MQM do not post right away. However, I expected this because I noticed in the promo's small print that both will not post until 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion on December 15. Does that sound right? Or is anyone getting these points credited faster?

BTW, on the DL AMEX summer double miles promo, I havent yet gotten the double mileage bonus promised for all charges over the summer if the one redeemed 10K Skymiles for awards by September 30. Should I call DL yet to check up on that promotion? As a further aside-- my challenge with that promo was how to redeem a 10K award for maximum value if I wasn't buying award tickets. In that sense, it was worth looking at the periodicals awards. I think I got 1 year of the Wall Street Journal, 1 year of daily Variety, 3 months of the local newspaper and a handful of magazines. Best case scenario, I think the subscriptions would have cost me a minimum of $500+ with new subscriber promos, so I think I reaped a decent value with the expectation that I will yield that back and more in promo miles.

Last edited by LAXRuss; Nov 7, 2010 at 2:31 pm
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
\

I note everyone is asking on here whether there is a problem that the 25K mileage bonus and the 25K MQM do not post right away. However, I expected this because I noticed in the promo's small print that both will not post until 4-6 weeks after the end of the promotion on December 15. Does that sound right? Or is anyone getting these points credited faster?
I registered the day the OP posted, waited until this past Friday evening and then transferred and the bonus miles, MQMs were instantly in my account. As always, YMMV, but I hope they post soon. I'd hate to see Amex end this promo short, but if you registered, I'm sure they'll honor it.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
was not targeted, followed OP link and Registered Saturday night, waited until promo appeared on delta.com profile, went to Amex site, transfered 50,000, then immediately went to delta.com and the 50,000 + 50% bonus, +25,000 MQM all had already posted.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Would another benefit of this be to extend the current expiration period of my miles? Or is transferring from Amex not a qualifying transaction?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Would another benefit of this be to extend the current expiration period of my miles? Or is transferring from Amex not a qualifying transaction?
It counts.. a transfer will push their expiration back two years.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+1

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
It counts.. a transfer will push their expiration back two years.
Thanks, we had the same ?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by daveland
So my friends have a Green card with 60K or so MR and a Blue with 300K. Only the Green allowed transfer. Can they combine to maximize options since they have both cards??
you can transfer from blue to green, then from green to delta
Old Nov 7, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
It worked!

Thanks OP for posting this!

I registered on Delta last night and went to Amex and completed the transfer today. It just showed the 50,000 I transferred at first and then a few hours later the bonus and MQM came in!

WOOHOO!

I don't travel a large amount so this is the first time I've become a medallion member.

Finally-- something worthwhile to use my Amex points on.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Will be interested to see how this pans out... The 50K transfer from MR posted immediately with the reference "American Express International Membership Rewards Program" on my account because the points came from my IDC card. However, the promo says you must be a "U.S. resident;" I have a US mailing address on the DL account and a U.S. mailing address on the IDC account and I truly reside in the U.S.; it's simply a situation where AMEX will no longer transfer Centurion cards into the U.S. market, so I use an overseas U.S. dollar account for my main card. Thus, I guess from what everyone says, the 25K MQM posts within about 12 hours, and if it does not in my case, I'll carry this issue forward with DL since I believe I meet the terms of the promo as a U.S. resident.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:27 pm

Was not targeted but registered, waited 24 hrs and just transfered points and results were immediate...THANK YOU FLYER TALK!!!^
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
Will be interested to see how this pans out... The 50K transfer from MR posted immediately with the reference "American Express International Membership Rewards Program" on my account because the points came from my IDC card. However, the promo says you must be a "U.S. resident;" I have a US mailing address on the DL account and a U.S. mailing address on the IDC account and I truly reside in the U.S.; it's simply a situation where AMEX will no longer transfer Centurion cards into the U.S. market, so I use an overseas U.S. dollar account for my main card. Thus, I guess from what everyone says, the 25K MQM posts within about 12 hours, and if it does not in my case, I'll carry this issue forward with DL since I believe I meet the terms of the promo as a U.S. resident.

I'll be interested as I've got the ICC Cent but resident in the US. I got the 50,000 miles post instantly but waiting for the bonus and more importantly the MQM's. I did wait until the promotion showed in my profile

Last edited by stickskier; Nov 8, 2010 at 8:29 am Reason: Missed info
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:37 am
Suspended

My story:

1. I was NOT targeted for this offer (learned about it here)

2. Friday night I completed a flt at approx 7:30PM (pacific). The MQMs pushed me over the 50,000 threshold

3. Saturday, between 3:00PM and 7:00PM (pacific), the miles posted to my account

4. As of Sunday, 7:20AM, my status had not been changed from Silver to Gold

5. At 7:30AM I read about this promo and registered

6. I then immediately followed the link provided and transferred miles from AMEX. The transferred miles showed up immediately

7. As of Sunday, 10:20PM, my status remained Silver, bonus miles and MQMs were not posted. Promotion did not show up in my registered promotions. Tried to re-register. Received the message: "Error: You are already registered for this promotion"

8. As of Monday, 5:40AM, my status is Gold. Promotion still does not show up as registered. Still received error message. Still no bonus/MQMs

Will I make it to "Platinum level for 30 bucks" by Wednesday?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.