Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Thank You Thread for the The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank You Thread for the The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Bumping this thread back to page one...

A big thank you to all the Delta employees who worked so hard to make this event a success. I know he's on vacation and won't see this, but special thanks to my gate agent who tolerated my pestering him with a gazillion questions about Deltamatic.

Unfortunately, I had brought only one gift card with me, which I gave to my gate agent and not my red coat, but I hope to rectify this the next time I'm passing through ATL.

Thank you all again for your warmth, generosity and patience. You make me proud to be a loyal Delta flyer.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Is this something we will be able to attend or is it only for the DL people?
This luncheon is only for those Delta Air Lines employees and event volunteers who contributed to the success of the event.

You contributed greatly to the success of the shirts for the event, so you are invited, of course.

To other event attendees, please do not take offense, as it is simply a matter of economics. However, the Thank-You Luncheon last year was critical to the success of the event this year, as Richard Anderson personally pledged to us at the luncheon last year that more resources and budget would be committed to the event this year.

I do believe that he kept his word and then some...
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Sorry, should have asked this with the last question...

Has a date for this luncheon been set yet?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:15 pm

Has a date for this luncheon been set yet?
Not yet.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Just want to say a huge Thank You to everyone involved in this event.

As a Diamond Medallion who lives in a non hub market where AAnother carrier would be a more logical choice, there is one reason I keep flying Delta -

They love to fly and it shows.

I've always though Delta had the best front line in the market. Now I know they have the best people everywhere.

Thank You Delta!!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Don't know what the arrangements are or who is paying, but I am happy to contribute to help offset the cost of this luncheon.
And me too, BTW. Maybe that was that mystery money that I didn't know where it was going.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:52 pm

We originally had intended to have the leftover funds from the registration fees used to subsidize the Thank-You Luncheon, but the logistics — especially the bus transportation — was far costlier than we had anticipated. Plus, we wanted to provide a premium-quality experience for all throughout the entire duration of the event, not only with the venues, but also with such items as the event guides and the shirts. As a result, the remainder of the capital left over was smaller than we had anticipated.

We do truly appreciate any assistance that can be provided to give the employees of Delta Air Lines — as well as our hard-working staff of event volunteers — a proper thank-you for all that they have done for us.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I'll add my thanks to the many Delta employees we visited. I do so appreciate those that were working on their own time, and those that took the time to talk to us and explain how they do their jobs. It was very interesting.

We had a great group, and I especially appreciate those who supported us by staying at the Hilton. The good folks at the Hilton really helped us out in many ways, not the least of which was providing transportation to and from the airport over the weekend. Should you receive a survey about your stay, please be sure to respond and hopefully you can rate them as 9s and 10s.

I had a really hard time getting to sleep every night - it wasn't the Hilton's fault, it was the fault of Brian and Steven for setting up this extraordinary event. I was just too excited to drop off to sleep!

David
Old Oct 28, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
We do truly appreciate any assistance that can be provided to give the employees of Delta Air Lines — as well as our hard-working staff of event volunteers — a proper thank-you for all that they have done for us.
No problem. PM me if you will with payment options (if a check is doable, let me know who to make it payable to and an address). Boneheaded me, I should have asked about this at the event......
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
My Situation Too

Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Just want to say a huge Thank You to everyone involved in this event.

As a Diamond Medallion who lives in a non hub market where AAnother carrier would be a more logical choice, there is one reason I keep flying Delta -

They love to fly and it shows.

I've always though Delta had the best front line in the market. Now I know they have the best people everywhere.

Thank You Delta!!
Megadittoes to this.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by Canarsie
We originally had intended to have the leftover funds from the registration fees used to subsidize the Thank-You Luncheon, but the logistics — especially the bus transportation — was far costlier than we had anticipated. Plus, we wanted to provide a premium-quality experience for all throughout the entire duration of the event, not only with the venues, but also with such items as the event guides and the shirts. As a result, the remainder of the capital left over was smaller than we had anticipated.

Would WesNspace be able to create another form where we could post additional contributions with our Credit Cards to the DL Lunch? I would be happy to contribute.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
No problem. PM me if you will with payment options (if a check is doable, let me know who to make it payable to and an address). Boneheaded me, I should have asked about this at the event......
IIRC they were collecting funds at the Prime dinner, no? Well, at least that's where I made a donation. Sure hope it got into the right hands.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
IIRC they were collecting funds at the Prime dinner, no? Well, at least that's where I made a donation. Sure hope it got into the right hands.
Rest assure, the donations have safely made it into the right hands. On behalf of the Delta Employees and FlyerTalk Volunteers that participated in the event, and will attend the Thank you Luncheon - a BIG THANK YOU to all of you that contributed! It is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
After catching up on a few Zzzzs, I'm back in action on the boards and want to also reiterate what everyone else has said - THANK YOU! Those 4 days were amazing. As Jeff said at dinner Thursday night, we all want Delta to succeed, and seeing their commitment to their customers makes me want them to succeed all the more.

I'm still floored by the fact that DL gave us the executive session time and was open and honest about issues. Heck, I've never even met my own CEO! I love that they thought about things that would be fun, informative, and actually useful for us HVC and FF to learn at the RTW portions. Knowing medical emergency procedures, how to operate emergency exits, and even the basic self defense moves are important as we could potentially encounter situations that warrant their use.

I personally wasn't able to participate in the ACS, but am so jealous of those who did. What fantastic trust DL put in the Flyertalk folks that they allowed us to represent DL on the frontline to their customers.

Last- but certainly not least - thank you to the Flyertalk leaders who nursed the idea to life and put in countless hours of "free" physical and mental labor to make it all happen. I owe so much to your dedication and drive. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I already posted in the original thread, but wanted to post here as well...

+1 and I are extremely appreciative of all of the hard work that went into making this past weekend an overwhelming success.

Everyone of the Delta employees that we met made us feel welcome at the event and we did feel like one of the family. We did not want the event to end, especially our Sunday morning as gate agents. We would have worked all day if we had been allowed. I kind of felt like a kid being pulled away from my scanner, kicking and screaming....

We are very much looking forward to the next DL event.

THANK YOU SO MUCH DELTA FOR ALLOWING US INTO YOUR HOME...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.