Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Chances: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss
Thank you very much, ianturner! I just changed to the later flight and have the upgrade!
^
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:17 am

Chances of International Upgrade?

I am wondering about the chances of an upgrade to F class on DL 170 SLC to CDG on November 27th.

Here are the details:
1) I will not be booked on the flght
2) I will be home in front of my TV watching football games
3) I'm thinking that there might be empty F seats and Delta will start to call local potential passengers and offer them a free F seat.

How should I handle this?
1) Would you pack a bag just in case?
2) Should I get a hotel in CDG?
3) Will they book me in F for my return?
4) Will I get MQM's for the flight?
5) Will they notify me via e-mail, phone, or send a driver to pick me up?

Happydad

P.S. We've sure had a lot of threads on this topic lately ... just a little humor. I think we should generally be happy with the class of service we booked :-)
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: DL DM
Your chances are pretty good. Just don't call them or they'll take it away!

Also, be sure to complain about a broken tray table to get a $200 voucher.

Also, if no one is waiting for you at the gate when you land, be sure to post here.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Good post. There have been a lot of these lately.

I can't wait for the annual December parade of "HELP! I'm 25,000 MQMs short of FO. Do you think DL will grant me status since I am so close? If not, what's the best way to get the MQMs without flying or buying anything."
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: DL - Silver, AA - EXP, Marriott - Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Good post. There have been a lot of these lately.

I can't wait for the annual December parade of "HELP! I'm 25,000 MQMs short of FO. Do you think DL will grant me status since I am so close? If not, what's the best way to get the MQMs without flying or buying anything."
And don't forget the "Should I go for DM or rollover threads"
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Haha... nice. I saw this thread and thought not again!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Priority Club Plat, HH Silver, Marriott, Hertz President's Circle, WN Rapid Rewards
A nice dose of levity, lol.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: GM, GHilton
Smile

You forgot to ask what seat you should request, whether you'll be given access to the SC, whether they ought to allow children to be up front with you, whether you'll get a pre-flight beverage, and whether you'll be met at the other end by someone to whisk you through customs and immigration!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
And let's not forget how much compensation to ask for if the flight arrives 4 minutes late, and whether a 15 minute schedule change on an upcoming itin entitles me to a 100% refund.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by happydad100
I am wondering about the chances of an upgrade to F class on DL 170 SLC to CDG on November 27th.

Here are the details:
1) I will not be booked on the flght
2) I will be home in front of my TV watching football games
3) I'm thinking that there might be empty F seats and Delta will start to call local potential passengers and offer them a free F seat.

How should I handle this?
1) Would you pack a bag just in case?
2) Should I get a hotel in CDG?
3) Will they book me in F for my return?
4) Will I get MQM's for the flight?
5) Will they notify me via e-mail, phone, or send a driver to pick me up?

Happydad

P.S. We've sure had a lot of threads on this topic lately ... just a little humor. I think we should generally be happy with the class of service we booked :-)
#1 - not good, you need to be booked on flight - I think avidflyer has enough miles to get you on the flight if you ask nicely.
#2 - hmmm, not good either, you need to present yourself at least 3 hours before an international flight or they could give away the seat that you don't have
#3 - wow, i barely get a call if my flights been cancelled ..... oh wait, i know, Delta IT has enough time on their hands now, since the merger, to put that new program into place ... they did SUCH a good job on the award calendar this must be next on their to-do list

Now, for your to-do list

#1 - yes, but make sure you remember 3-1-1 - 3 ounces or less, 1 quart zip lock bag, and i can't remember the other 1 .... oh wait, yes, only 1 bag per person. please keep any breastmilk you may have in a different container so that doesn't get messed up with your toiletries .... but remember, so people may ..... and complain if you bring your young child in F/J, cuase that just isn't the place for them, don't cha know.
#2 - i hear the hotels near CDG all have bedbugs - try for a hotel around ORY as I hear they're much better, or get a hotel in the 9th district in Paris - they have the best baguettes there
#3 - yes, but only if you get an M class fare that costs more than J on <insert airlines of your choice here>.
#4 - yes, you will get MQM, and you get an 8xMQM bonus for booking your flight RDU-JFK-PIT-DTW-STL-ATL-SIN, With your return SIN-NRT-ATL-LAX-SYD-LAX-SLC-STL-MSP-RDU-ATL-PIT, and then catch a greyhound bus to get from PIT-RDU to complete your journey. And no, if you get off directly at RDU and don't take the last 2 legs of your journey you WON'T get credit.
#5 - I hear if you fly LH and are a Senator they send a Porsche for you. Love them Germans.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Please -- post the link! I want to also get an F upgrade for my next flight. My friend just earned Silver Elite with Delta so if I mention his name, will they upgrade me? I'm also planning to wear a tuxedo so that I look nice.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Good one.

And I would add: Would someone here use their paid for Expert Flyer account to tell me about seat availability and chance for UG? I have a couple options but I don't want to pay to find out what they are.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Good one.

And I would add: Would someone here use their paid for Expert Flyer account to tell me about seat availability and chance for UG? I have a couple options but I don't want to pay to find out what they are.
It never ceases to surprise me about the number of people that come on here to leach off people that pay for EF. The same people get offended when they are called out and suggest that this is a forum for travelers to share information, and then disappear once they get the information they are looking for.

EF is a great resource and tool - but we should remember that it is also a business. Each time we give out free information, we are devaluing the business, and probably breaching our EULA with the company.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Charter DM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Please -- post the link! I want to also get an F upgrade for my next flight. My friend just earned Silver Elite with Delta so if I mention his name, will they upgrade me? I'm also planning to wear a tuxedo so that I look nice.
heheh ...
Old Sep 24, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Also: Holy Moly! One-day advance purchase fares from WAR to RAW just went up 13%! What's up with that?

Originally Posted by happydad100
P.S. ... just a little humor... :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.