Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Flights Online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:04 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Changing Flights Online

My future trips had schedule changes, so I went to DL.com to change my flights...

One trip was able to change without any issue.

The other trip, every time I select one of the options it keeps giving me an error message and telling me to contact DL reservations if I want to change my flights... As matter of fact, I selected every single option that was available for the outbound [10-12 of them] and all error-ed out.

Why is it so difficult to pick a different flight???

It is getting frustrating and I think DL should start rebooking everyone in "Y", so we can pick whatever we want without having the site making our lives more difficult.

I am starting to think that the change flights page is more broken than the award calendar.

Last edited by golfingboy; Oct 21, 2010 at 11:10 am
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by golfingboy
My future trips had schedule changes, so I went to DL.com to change my flights...

One trip was able to change without any issue.

The other trip, every time I select one of the options it keeps giving me an error message and telling me to contact DL reservations if I want to change my flights... As matter of fact, I selected every single option that was available for the outbound [10-12 of them] and all error-ed out.

Why is it so difficult to pick a different flight???

It is getting frustrating and I think DL should start rebooking everyone in "Y", so we can pick whatever we want without having the site making our lives more difficult.

I am starting to think that the change flights page is more broken than the award calendar.

By any chance are you trying to change an international itinerary because I believe you are unable to change international reservations online. Otherwise, if it is domestic that seems pretty weird. I would call into the Medallion desk, they will help you out
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
By any chance are you trying to change an international itinerary because I believe you are unable to change international reservations online. Otherwise, if it is domestic that seems pretty weird. I would call into the Medallion desk, they will help you out
Yup int must call and the only time I have had issues domestically is when DL has made a change to the itinerary (schedule change).
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:47 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Yup int must call and the only time I have had issues domestically is when DL has made a change to the itinerary (schedule change).
It is LAX-MKE via ATL, and yes DL changed the schedule. Funny, the other itinerary schedule change did not change as much as this one, yet I was able to change my flights without any penalities... Between the two itineraries, there are 8 legs, and 7 of them had a schedule change

Guess, I have to call the lowly non-medallion DL reservations line that has an average wait time of 10 light years?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold
In my experience, it's been hit or miss, both domestic and international.

What has never worked for me, despite delta.com saying it's possible, is online SDC.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
It's totally hit or miss. I have an itinerary booked for late December/early January that's changed about a half dozen times. One time, the schedule change resulted in a severe misconnect (connection left before first flight left origin) on the purely domestic portion of the international circle routing. Couldn't fix that online, but the FO line took care of it quickly for me. That leg has been mucked with yet again, and I wanted to pick something different. I can go through the process on DL.dumb now, but it wants to charge me change fees and fare differences. The most recent change wasn't over an hour, but it made the layover longer by 40 minutes (just over two hours changed to nearly three hours). The revised schedule is way off from the original itinerary (2+ hours), but it seems DL.dumb won't let me change without paying.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by twohundredfifty
In my experience, it's been hit or miss, both domestic and international.

What has never worked for me, despite delta.com saying it's possible, is online SDC.
Could you please point me to where delta.com says that this is possible?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold
Originally Posted by trek87
Could you please point me to where delta.com says that this is possible?
"Can I handle same-day confirmed itinerary changes online?

Yes, on wholly domestic itineraries only"

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/your_...jsp#sd_confirm
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by twohundredfifty
"Can I handle same-day confirmed itinerary changes online?

Yes, on wholly domestic itineraries only"

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/your_...jsp#sd_confirm
Thank you - I haven't seen that before.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)

That's not it. I changed inbound of my ATL-VIE when I was in Europe. But when I needed to do the 2nd change the web site advised to call DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.