Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking a new flight that conflicts with an existing PNR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a new flight that conflicts with an existing PNR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Question Booking a new flight that conflicts with an existing PNR

I'm currently booked on a future flight: MSY-ATL on a Thursday and ATL-MSY on a Sunday.

I now need to be in JAX on Thursday night and my late arrival into ATL on Thursday only allows for a midnight arrival into JAX which is too late for my required schedule.

My thought is this:

- Keep my current PNR: MSY-ATL-MSY
- SDC to one of the 9 earlier flights from MSY to ATL
- Book a separate PNR: ATL-JAX-ATL

Will delta's "system" pick up that my new PNR conflicts with the existing reservation?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
Will delta's "system" pick up that my new PNR conflicts with the existing reservation?
Highly unlikely.

But just be sure you use all your flight coupons in the correct order.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:43 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
The only time I've run into trouble along these lines is when I'm double booked on award on the same flight. The system does not take kindly to this.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL-DM SPG-plat
Agree with the previous posters. I have a lot of last-minute schedule changes and sometimes have three+ overlapping/conflicting PNRs with segments I may or may not end up using, and as long as each ticket is used (or not) in the right order (so if you need to fly segment 2 be sure you fly segment 1), I've never had any problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.