Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK SkyClub - Food and Cocktails for Sale!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM

Visited the JFK Sky Club yesterday and was delighted to see that DL now offer table service for food and beverages. I assumed this was to compete with the overseas airlines that have provide such service for years.

WRONG. Cocktails are being sold for $12 each and salads, wraps etc are also on a for sale basis with a small non-processed cheese plate also priced at $12. Service is super-slow, I waited 30 mins for a chicken salad sandwich.

If this is the upgraded Sky Club experience to roll out across the network and supersede the current free beverage service, I won't be renewing my membership.

New York City, NY – John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)

* We're adding cafés to all four of JFK's Delta Sky Club locations where you can purchase made-to-order meals and premium liquors.
* As always, members may continue to enjoy the same array of complimentary snacks and beverages in these Clubs.
o Club Menu (PDF)
o Club Cocktails (PDF)
o Wine & House Selections (PDF)
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I actually liked the club and the breakfest bagel kicked ...!!!! loved it can't wait till its like this at every airport.
i waited less than 10 minutes for my bagel

They still have free drinks and the current line of snacks.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: Skyteam
If they serve noodle bowls, I'd try it.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:05 pm
tmf

Programs: DL PM | Kimpton IC | IHG RA | HH Diamond
Best in class...

I was in JFK SC T3 two weeks ago and noticed the obvious difference in the service and speed. I too ordered a bad chicken salad sandwich and waited for around 25 min. Fortunately I wasn't in a hurry. After finishing that I tried to order a drink, and the were out of several "well" liquors but had plenty of premium liquor. The were also out of white house wine, but were willing to substitute a premium wine for no charge for my first glass. I'm not that excited about them putting food service in the clubs, i feel like it will attract more kids and families to stay longer and make the clubs more crowded. However the upside is that there is more bar staff, and during the week I had prompt service as I ordered drinks.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:19 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
$12 is crrrrrazy for a drink!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I actually liked the club and the breakfest bagel kicked ...!!!! loved it can't wait till its like this at every airport.
i waited less than 10 minutes for my bagel

They still have free drinks and the current line of snacks.
Bagels used to be a free breakfast item.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
Still cheaper than Manhattan!

Will DL be charging $12 in all SkyClubs with "restaurants"? If so, then I'd say crazy outside of NYC/LAX and maybe CHI.

-RM
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:51 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Well here in Tennessee it's not so expensive (outside of SkyClubs I mean)! =)
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
Drinks can be $8 - $18 here in the city, so $12 is about average. That being said, when I was in the T3 skyclub, I guzzled plenty of nasty skyy vodka for free. If I'm paying $12 for a drink, it better be at least one or two steps above wells, there better be loud music and beautiful people dancing around me.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tmf
After finishing that I tried to order a drink, and the were out of several "well" liquors but had plenty of premium liquor. The were also out of white house wine, but were willing to substitute a premium wine for no charge for my first glass.
I'm curious... if you wanted the well liquor and/or the house wine, why didn't you just go get a free one from the SC bar?

Am I missing something? Is booze no longer free?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
If the booze is no longer free I'm giving up my reserve card I can find a quiet corner in any airport and eat/drink for less than 450 a year
Old Oct 6, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Just left there actually. My major complaint? The amount of seating the entire bar/food service area has taken. The club by gate 11 now seems packed as so much space was taken for the tables (which you can only sit at if you order food/drink).
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My best guess the food is prepared by a nearby secure area restaurant and delivered to the SC and served with a 30% markup. I predict DL will soon will be offering haircuts, oil changes and manicures in the SC lounges.

MisterNice
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
If they offer massages, I'm in!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
If they offer massages, I'm in!
I would be up for a pedicure, but I am sure it would be VERY overpriced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.