Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which Sky Club to spend a day at in JFK/LGA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt

I have upcoming flights where I am getting into JFK at about 8 AM and then have to work the day (need an internet connection) and then receive someone at LGA at 6 PM.

So I figure I could work at a sky club at either airport. Just wondering which one I should choose.

Thanks for the advice!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I vote for going into the City for a bit, but if I had to be stuck in a club, I'd vote for the JFK T4 Oasis.

Update: Ok, ok, work. Well, I'd still give the nod to the Oasis, but I do find the JFK T2 SC has a nice cubicle area (plus showers, though the Oasis also has one) and I've been able to get work done there just fine.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I will be spending the next two days in the city anyway. Already been there often enough

But I really need to work the day. So thanks for the vote - but I don't seem to see it on the list here. http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp

I guess that isn't a Delta SC, is it?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:49 am

Programs: DL DM
anything but the LGA club. There are two Sky Clubs close together (one almost feels like you walk out of security again). But I find they are usually both pretty crowded. JFK is a lot better then that.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Only 2 of the 4 JFK SCs Are Open All Day

The club in T2 and the club accessed by the elevator across from Gate 6 in T3.

The other two clubs (by Gates 10 and 14) only open around 1-2 in the afternoon.

The Oasis club in T4 is outside security.

Of the two clubs in JFK that will be open, I think I prefer the one in T2 as a place to work. There is a nice room way at the back which is usually empty in the mornings, where the "business center" (i.e., a fax, copier and paper shredder) is located--wifi works good back there, and the area is quiet and comfortable.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ND76
Of the two clubs in JFK that will be open, I think I prefer the one in T2 as a place to work. There is a nice room way at the back which is usually empty in the mornings, where the "business center" (i.e., a fax, copier and paper shredder) is located--wifi works good back there, and the area is quiet and comfortable.

I completely second this opinion. Working out of this club right now - and the cubicle based work area is nice and quiet.

Stark contrast to the crowded area near the food. Total night and day difference!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ND76
Agreed. It's my favorite place to hang out in JFK, and if your gate is the RJ pen madness you can actually catch a view of it, and know when it's time for you to mosey on down.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Not LGA. It's under renovation until March, so it's half its normal size, always crowded, and there are no individual carrels in which to do work.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I'd go with JFK T2.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I'd go with JFK T2.
All the replies here have been good and accurate - and I have been at these clubs in NY about 40 times this year. Go with JFK T2.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Am sitting in JFK T2 SC right now. It is nice. I like the quiet business center area.

Quite conducive to getting work done!

Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.