Wiki Posts
Search

SDC to Y class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
SDC to Y class

I have done SDC before and been rebooked in Y-class. Any way to increase the chances of this happening? Using GA vs Check in agent? Etc? Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:20 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by majortom546
I have done SDC before and been rebooked in Y-class. Any way to increase the chances of this happening? Using GA vs Check in agent? Etc? Thanks
Best luck is going to be at the airport and probably at the gate rather than the ticket counter - not over the phone. Though I haven't had this happen in quite a while so I wouldn't count on it.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I think Delta tidied up their system becauseits hasn't happened for me in a while normally when ever I SDC'ed at the airport I got Y now its never happening.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: ??????????
PLEASE watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMa4MGFCOg

#1 and #2 are really the only ones that matter in this scenario.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I think Delta tidied up their system becauseits hasn't happened for me in a while normally when ever I SDC'ed at the airport I got Y now its never happening.
So the ugly GA's have caught on?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
they haven't caught on but delta has lol
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:10 am

GA in a hurry, that's your best hope. They're used to rebooking people in Y anyway. I've probably gained ~2k MQMs this year from Y re-bookings on SDC.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)
Originally Posted by hdawg
PLEASE watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMa4MGFCOg

#1 and #2 are really the only ones that matter in this scenario.
You said it best, keep this to your self if it happens.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
+1 - I haven't been booked into Y on an SDC in months.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
GA's seem to do it the most...although last month i called the plat line to get protected on another flight since my flight kept getting delayed and when i went to the gate to get my boarding pass it printed out in A
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
+1 - I haven't been booked into Y on an SDC in months.
To both of these I say GOOD. I don't want an FO who got lucky with an agent mistake getting a "Y" fare and bumping me as a DM down the list.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond, DL: Plat
Originally Posted by ianturner
GA's seem to do it the most...although last month i called the plat line to get protected on another flight since my flight kept getting delayed and when i went to the gate to get my boarding pass it printed out in A
I think IROPS to Y/F is much more common than SDC to Y/F. I have had a few SDC to Y this year, and many more IROPS to Y/F. In my data sampling of 2 this summer, seems that when flight is diverted to Greenville and you call SMS for rebooking you always get moved to Y/F
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by samikitty
I think IROPS to Y/F is much more common than SDC to Y/F. I have had a few SDC to Y this year, and many more IROPS to Y/F. In my data sampling of 2 this summer, seems that when flight is diverted to Greenville and you call SMS for rebooking you always get moved to Y/F
I agree, but the reason for my delay was mechanical so it was only really IROPS for our CRJ flight
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Vuelos
To both of these I say GOOD. I don't want an FO who got lucky with an agent mistake getting a "Y" fare and bumping me as a DM down the list.
That's actually an excellent point
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I SDC'd into Y about a month ago at the MSP SC. That was the one and only time I've ever gotten it, otherwise it's been original fare class no matter what method I used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.