Wiki Posts
Search

SDF will start seeing A320 and 737-800

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta: Platinum Hilton: Gold Marriott: Platinum Priority Points: Plat
SDF will start seeing A320 and 737-800

Start looking for A320s and 737s occasionally flying to and from Louisville to Atlanta (Delta evening flight from ATL to SDF).

The first instance of this is on September 7th Delta Flight #1240 leaving at 8:18PM ATL-SDF. You can see it all throughout the month of September.

The same flight time from ATL-SDF starting October 1st will be a 737 throughout the months of October, November, and December. Delta flight #1128

All of this is upgraded from an MD88. I know most will not find this interesting but those who have frequent trips to or from louisville will like this.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaMedallion
Start looking for A320s and 737s occasionally flying to and from Louisville to Atlanta (Delta evening flight from ATL to SDF).

The first instance of this is on September 7th Delta Flight #1240 leaving at 8:18PM ATL-SDF. You can see it all throughout the month of September.

The same flight time from ATL-SDF starting October 1st will be a 737 throughout the months of October, November, and December. Delta flight #1128

All of this is upgraded from an MD88. I know most will not find this interesting but those who have frequent trips to or from louisville will like this.
Looks like 3 mainline ops on most days, hope this trend continues and the CRJ's go away! There's also a DC-9-50 in the mix, but that leaves ATL at 8:00am and departs SDF for ATL at 9:55am.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Well more than just mainline, there is 2-class service on all of the peak business-time flights as of this fall on ATL-SDF. Only the midday departures remain on 50 seat RJs, the rest is a mix of anything from CR9-A320.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
To one who is in and out of SDF every month, this is a pretty good turn of events. I have resolutely resisted using the CRJs (until they turned the 700s) and it has been difficult. The realignment of fares has also frequently let me use CVG to avoid the CR2s since I would just as soon drive over there as submit to the RJs.

Now all they need to do is turn that employee's room back into a CRC as it was when the airport was first opened and life would really be good there.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Things are going good for SDF if they are increasing capacity in the Fall. I frequently fly to/from SDF and I will surely take the 737-800 and enjoy a fully show on the LiveTV during the flight. Yep. Life will be good!

We also have to remember that SDF is a main base for Delta's EMB-175 which are good planes. But 737-800 put the icing on it.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: DL Platinum MM, Marriott Gold
747 spotted in SDF yesterday (Jul 29)

I was driving past the airport at noon on July 29 and saw a Delta 747. Weird seeing one in Louisville! What would cause Delta to land a 747 in SDF?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:15 am
Original Poster

That is strange. Delta ground 14 out of there 15 747F. My only guess is that UPS was using one or leasing one from Delta, Delta Cargo was doing business as UPS, or one of UPS's backup companies like Evergreen Cargo is leasing one or recently bought one from UPS.

Louisville is one of the largest shipping ports in the United State. It is UPS's main hub "WorldPort" and in some cases has more departures and arrivals then some of the largest passenger airports in the country. The runways are long enough to handle an A380 and the prime location for any freight 747 to land.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by run26pointtwo
I was driving past the airport at noon on July 29 and saw a Delta 747. Weird seeing one in Louisville! What would cause Delta to land a 747 in SDF?
There have been a few troop charters from Louisville to Victorville earlier this week. Aside from that 747, there was also an A330-300 (that flew down from Minneapolis on Wednesday evening and left Thursday morning) that did a SDF-VCV troop movement charter.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by run26pointtwo
I saw what I thought was an A333 the other morning while @ SDF as well.

I later looked it up on FlightAware and not only was there the A333, but the B744, along with a CO 739 doing a troop transport to Victorville.

As another posted pointed out, would be nice if they'd re-open the "employee room" between A3 and A5 and turn it back into a CRC (SkyClub) -- or better yet, make use of some of the real estate up in the rotunda for a lounge. @:-)
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...Louisville is one of the largest shipping ports in the United State. It is UPS's main hub "WorldPort" and in some cases has more departures and arrivals then some of the largest passenger airports in the country. The runways are long enough to handle an A380 and the prime location for any freight 747 to land.
Not to mention any of the ShiekMobiles that make their appearances on Derby Week.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:38 am

Things are going good for SDF if they are increasing capacity in the Fall. I frequently fly to/from SDF and I will surely take the 737-800 and enjoy a fully show on the LiveTV during the flight. Yep. Life will be good!

We also have to remember that SDF is a main base for Delta's EMB-175 which are good planes. But 737-800 put the icing on it.
The LiveTV would be nice in the AM when departing SDF, but when I'm flying in on DL 1128 -- or the later E175 service - I tend to fall asleep as soon as I've settled into my seat and wakeup just as we're landing.

What I'd really like to see is a daily service to SLC on an A319/A320 or 737-800. Make it an AM departure on SDF-SLC and a mid-day return from SLC-SDF arriving around 11pm. SLC would be awesome for west coast connectivity and open up a lot of one-stop markets.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
The LiveTV would be nice in the AM when departing SDF, but when I'm flying in on DL 1128 -- or the later E175 service - I tend to fall asleep as soon as I've settled into my seat and wakeup just as we're landing.

What I'd really like to see is a daily service to SLC on an A319/A320 or 737-800. Make it an AM departure on SDF-SLC and a mid-day return from SLC-SDF arriving around 11pm. SLC would be awesome for west coast connectivity and open up a lot of one-stop markets.
If SDF-SLC were to come online, it would most likely be on a CRJ-900 (or an E-175 if they were to start rotating them via SLC) before it became mainline.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mersk862
If SDF-SLC were to come online, it would most likely be on a CRJ-900 (or an E-175 if they were to start rotating them via SLC) before it became mainline.
I preferrable to flying on E-175 instead of going to put on CRJ900. Because CRJ900 is taking the times to reaches into SLC.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
What I'd really like to see is a daily service to SLC...
^ ^
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I know at some point the 737 has done the ATL-SDF run at night in the past. I can remember watching Criminal Minds on the plane once.

As for SDF-SLC, I would loooooove that. I work for a company that brings in about 100 employees for Derby Week, and while most airlines add a few flights/destinations (CO to BOS for one), only once in the last 10 years can I remember DL adding a SDF-SLC flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.