Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub "Light" is being considered for smaller focus cities. What's most important?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub "Light" is being considered for smaller focus cities. What's most important?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobH
Just clone the current WC's at either end of the tram at DTW or the old WCs at PHL or SEA and provide the same level of service those of us who flew NW then had.

They all were/are all fine.

Bob H.
I fully agree.

MisterNice
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Meeting is complete....I spent about two hours enjoying breakfast with the DL exec and STL station chief. I'm kinda sworn to secrecy on the rollout of SCLight but let's just say it's not just a rumor. When I'm given the green light to share more, I will post here ASAP.
Any updates on this??
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: DL GM
BDL is in need of one of these. A few point to point flights and hopefully the resumption of a TATL flight!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by sectflyer
BDL is in need of one of these. A few point to point flights and hopefully the resumption of a TATL flight!
+1 to that.. I always end up using the cute little US CLUB there...
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
PHL could use a SC lite while we continue to wait for the SC to open
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
I heard that the whole SCLite concept has been scrapped. Any truth to that?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
This is also my understanding.

I was torn on the concept from the beginning--as I really liked the idea of getting the DEN, IAD and MCI clubs back and some new ones in smaller stations but it was easy to see how DL would then just turn small outstation Crown Rooms (e.g. SAN) into a "light" club and how the entire program would end up becoming a reduction in service.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PowerFlyer
This is also my understanding.

I was torn on the concept from the beginning--as I really liked the idea of getting the DEN, IAD and MCI clubs back and some new ones in smaller stations but it was easy to see how DL would then just turn small outstation Crown Rooms (e.g. SAN) into a "light" club and how the entire program would end up becoming a reduction in service.
I guess that depends, are we talking about getting rid of the full bar service, or even having anyone in the club, so when things go bad you still have to wait in line for a GA?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
This is also what I have been told by my contact at corp.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I find it interesting that smaller stations like JAX have a (newly refurbished) SC, yet other larger DL cities like LAS do not.

Purely from an observational basis, but it seems like the South/South East is much better served than the West. PHX, DEN, LAS, IAH to name a few, and some of these stations are considerably larger in terms of total DL passengers than somewhere like JAX.

LAS in particular stands out; with the recent decision to grow the routes there and with the LAS-LAX service now up to 8 flights per day each way, there's now over 50 DL and DL-Connection flights a day.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamuelS
I find it interesting that smaller stations like JAX have a (newly refurbished) SC, yet other larger DL cities like LAS do not.

Purely from an observational basis, but it seems like the South/South East is much better served than the West. PHX, DEN, LAS, IAH to name a few, and some of these stations are considerably larger in terms of total DL passengers than somewhere like JAX.

LAS in particular stands out; with the recent decision to grow the routes there and with the LAS-LAX service now up to 8 flights per day each way, there's now over 50 DL and DL-Connection flights a day.
I've heard a story on the old LAS CRC that used to exist (closed maybe a decade ago?) here on FT. Apparently people would sit there all day waiting on their redeyes after checking out of their hotels drinking free booze like it was...well...free. The costs were too high for DL. Plus there's the space issue, there isn't too much room in that terminal.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Do you have the numbers to support this? While I do not, I know that JAX has a lot of DL lift---widebodies to ATL pretty much every hour. I would be surprised if there were too many non-SC cities with more DL pax boarded than JAX.

Purely from an observational basis, but it seems like the South/South East is much better served than the West.
Recall that the Southeast has historically been DL's home markets. It is only through acquisitions (some older than others---most here are too new to recall Western) that they have increased their footprint west of the Mississippi.

Again, flights does not necessarily equal pax. It takes a lot of CR2s to equal one 767, especially if you focus on the high-revenue customer base.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
i wrote delta asking them to bring the DEN Sky Club back.

i spoke with one of the agents in DEN who told me that they are still paying the lease on the space for the next couple of years.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've heard a story on the old LAS CRC that used to exist (closed maybe a decade ago?) here on FT. Apparently people would sit there all day waiting on their redeyes after checking out of their hotels drinking free booze like it was...well...free. The costs were too high for DL. Plus there's the space issue, there isn't too much room in that terminal.
Haha, that is quite funny I guess. Still, CO has a lounge and they seem to manage? Would seem that it would be easier to just institute a "3 hour" rule rather than close the facility altogether!

I vaguely recall seeing some lounges in the UK that have a 3 hour stipulation. Perhaps the easiest way to position this would be to only allow folks into the lounge within 3 hours of their posted boarding or departure time on their BP "to avoid congestion".

Of course, the fact that I'm in LAS about, oh, once every 6 weeks or so has nothing to do with my bias for a club there
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
dont know about >10 yrs ago, but NW used to have a LAS club before security (its still there, although not a club anymore) operated by the airport w/ a few more airlines. I rarely found it full at any hour, it was about 7-8 years ago.
Now I fly to LAS every 2-3 wks and it is miserable without a SC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.