Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Taxes + Fees

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Question about Taxes + Fees

I booked tickets for Mrs. Apados and myself yesterday for thanksgiving.

I repriced it today, just to see if I should cancel and re-purchase and the overall cost is higher (the base fare is $60 higher), however the taxes on the exact same flights etc. were $20 per person cheaper.

Just wondering what might account for this difference.

The flights / dates/ etc. are identical. The fare class for one of the legs shifted from T to U (which I believe is what is accounting for the increase in base fare), however I would have assumed that if the base fare were higher the taxes would also be higher (excise tax @7.5% is the only "Variable" rate.. since the PFC and other fees should have remained identical.

I was half tempted to purchase the new tickets just to see...

Ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.