Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-LAX standby question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
JFK-LAX standby question

I am scheduled to fly JFK-LAX tomorrow evening, but would like to leave tonight. DL shows that coach on 2263 is sold out, but 5 upgradeable seats remain in BE.

As coach is sold out, the agents won't let me change my flight without buying one of the remaining BE seats.

Is there a way around this? As I see it, 5 people from Y will be upgraded to BE, freeing up some coach seats for me to hop into. I don't care if I get the upgrade -- just want to get on the flight without dropping an extra $1,000 on the ticket.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Only way you can get on that flight is if you buy it, you can't standby onto a flight not on the day of your departure.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Only way you can get on that flight is if you buy it, you can't standby onto a flight not on the day of your departure.
Know that and am willing to pay the change fee. Should have stated that in my OP. It's looking pretty unlikely for me tonight.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Unless coach opens up then you're SOL. At this point even if DL does upgrade the 5 people to BE and opens up coach inventory, it will be too late for you to get to the airport.

Also, the Y=0 load may include the fact that DL plans on upgrading several people so this flight is probably slightly oversold already and even after some BE upgrades "Y" will remain 0.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.