Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Sky Club in Atlanta ??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Best Sky Club in Atlanta ??

Having read some threads here I understand that the Club in E is the best, but I will be flying into C and out of either C or B.

Looking for complimentary alcoholic beverages and some snacks on my layover. I have about 2.5 hours layover so would it be worth going to E or stay in B or C ??

Thanks in advance for the advice
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by marksommerville
Having read some threads here I understand that the Club in E is the best, but I will be flying into C and out of either C or B.

Looking for complimentary alcoholic beverages and some snacks on my layover. I have about 2.5 hours layover so would it be worth going to E or stay in B or C ??

Thanks in advance for the advice

For B/C. ,,,, C
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
For B/C. ,,,, C
Agreed. It's a very nice club, much better than the two in B IMHO.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: ??????????
First time ever in C on Friday. I was a little disappointed by the size. I like either the old BE Lounge in E or A in the center.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
The amenities in any of the clubs in ATL will be the same and will include free hooch. Snacks will depend on the time of day - breakfast snacks (muffins, yogurt, fig newtons) until 9:00, evening snacks (olives, hummus, veggies, cookies) after 4:00. The rest of the time it is pretty much kibble (nut mix, pretzels, Biscoffs)

The C club has the nicest work area (by far) and the newest decor but not as many open seats in the main room. B24 has more seating room but the work area is so-so. B10 is the smallest and gets very crowded very quickly which is why many here dislike it.

Normally one would choose the club nearest one's departure gate. Even the B10 club isn't so bad on a Tuesday at 2:00PM when it isn't crowded. It is definitely not worth the trek to E (or A or T).
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for the prompt responses. ^
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM & CRC, Continental PM
A17 is the clear choice for me. I find A Center to be smaller, with a bad layout. A17 is HUGE. I think food/drink service is identical between the two. Both have Sweetwater 420 on tap. ^
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
As long as you remember this you'll be ok "Friends dont let Friends use B-10"....if you have no other option but B10 please make sure your Tetanus shots are up to date and you have a copy, they'll request it upon entry for your own safety
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by socrates
As long as you remember this you'll be ok "Friends dont let Friends use B-10"....if you have no other option but B10 please make sure your Tetanus shots are up to date and you have a copy, they'll request it upon entry for your own safety
LOL.. Socrates speaketh the truth.....If you are leaving out of B concourse, go to Sky Club by gate 25 (?)...

I like the concourse A upstairs Club best.....Club in Concourse C very nice to have since I frequently have to fly the ASA winged sausage....
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by BigBen1861
A17 is the clear choice for me. I find A Center to be smaller, with a bad layout. A17 is HUGE. I think food/drink service is identical between the two. Both have Sweetwater 420 on tap. ^

A17 is my favorite too -- bar staff is always nice and they'll plug you in at the bar if you know the right seat!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SC, Marriott Plat
Don't forget that A Center is closed on weekends.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
An attempt** at making a list here (in order of perceived preference):

1)E14
2)E15
3)A Center
4)T6
5)B25
6)C37
7)A17
80)B10

**Disclaimer: I have not visited all of these (actually, I tend to avoid ATL all together), but am basing this on what I have read here on FT, and on the feedback that will surely be provided when I post this .
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by socrates
Oh come on... you aren't likely to contract Tetanus in B10, unless you cut or puncture yourself. Hepatitis, on the other hand...

Most gas station restrooms have cleaner floors.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Frozentech
Oh come on... you aren't likely to contract Tetanus in B10, unless you cut or puncture yourself. Hepatitis, on the other hand...

Most gas station restrooms have cleaner floors.
Very true...but remember we've heard DL has signed the Demolition Contract - I've heard the TNT is on order and they'll get those floors clean one way or the other (for those of you that haven't had the pleasure of experiencing this club...trust me, it makes the old BOS WC look clean and that "air conditioner thingy" they had there looks new comparied to some of the equipment B10 has in it)
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
I really enjoy the one at A17. The bar staff treat me very well and it's just a friendly atmosphere.
Only "problem" I've had with the bartender was when I happened to be traveling early on a Friday AM with my wife and he came over and placed my "usual" double screwdriver in front of me. Wife was not impressed.
(I usually swing through there on my way home on Friday afternoons).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.