Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FO mid-year upgrade statistics

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Haven't done so well this year, but just got AMS-EWR F upgrade, so it is possible for silver to get upgraded on international flights :-)
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: DL FO, UA 2P, AA, US, CO
6/4/4/100%

-RDU-ATL
-ATL-RDU
-CLT-MSP
-MSP-LAX

This upcoming week...

-LAX-ATL (not holding my breath; I'm leaving at 2:15p on a Monday but 1 day out only 4 FC seats remain and it's a nicer A332. One of these days...)
-ATL-GSO - UG confirmed
-GSO-DTW - not eligible (No F cabin)
-DTW-LAX - eligible
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:41 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Reporting for my son - gifted FO
6 of 8, (1 lost due to misconnect -delayed inbound, 1 not available)
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:42 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
1 - ATL to EWR (Sat morning)
0 - JFK to LAX (Wed afternoon, wasn't really expecting that to go through, plane had B/E so higher levels won out)
0 - LAX to ATL (Sun noon, although I was traveling with a relative without a skymiles account on a last-minute ticket so that may have been a factor)
0 - ATL to LAX (Friday at 10am, purchased rather late, might have lost a tie-breaker on that)
1 - MSP to SFO (Friday night 7:35pm)
1 - LAX to ATL (Sunday night red eye, would've been quite mad if this didn't go through)

so 3/6. I'll be flying ATL-LAX-ATL at least a couple more times this year so hopefully I can get that. I've had 3 other Delta legs this, but one was a January itinerary purchased before my FO kicked in (I got it the last couple of weeks of 2009) and Delta wouldn't allow me a request even after I got the FO awarded . Other 2 were international.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NCommander
Haven't done so well this year, but just got AMS-EWR F upgrade, so it is possible for silver to get upgraded on international flights :-)
Might I ask how? My AMS-MSP leg said "not eligible" for upgrade. Perhaps only full fares get it?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: DL GM
14/8/4/50%

Best luck was a January EYW-HOU trip where 3/3 eligible legs were upgrades.
Since then got shutout twice (FLL-LAX and FLL-ATL) and got one upgrade EYW-ATL on the 737-700.

Have another FLL-LAX coming up this week but the seatmap currently shows only 3/16 FC seats on the A320 available so looks like another shutout. I don't even bother hoping for LAX-ATL anymore. ATL-FLL seems to be a more difficult upgrade than one would think.

At least with the CRJ-700 FC conversion done I'll have more chances to get upgraded on my EYW-ATL roundtrips. Would expect a pretty high success rate on those, I don't think I've missed an upgrade on the 737 out of EYW yet.

Last edited by chrisj85; Jul 18, 2010 at 3:40 am
Old Jul 18, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by amolkold
Might I ask how? My AMS-MSP leg said "not eligible" for upgrade. Perhaps only full fares get it?
It won't happen often but it is possible, at least on DL metal. If coach is full but seats in front are available, DL will sometimes op-up Medallions to the front so they can sell those seats again in the back. Also, it's possible coach was already oversold.

Never heard of AF/KL doing this for DL Medallions but I suppose it could happen.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: A few
I am 16/18 year to date, but most of that is on my RDU-LGA commute where I am 100% and don't see that changing given there have always been spare seats in F.

My two misses were via ATL
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: ex-NW, now DL FO, AA, AC
17/13/8 = 61.5%

Of the four non-eligible flights, two were single-class CRJs and two were TATL. Though I counted the upgrade to Europe Select on KL FCO-AMS, even though it is more like an economy plus: same six-across seating on a 737, but more leg room and better food. Without that my percentage is 53.8%

Routes were:
MEM-ATL
MEM-MSY
DTW-DCA (2x)
DCA-DTW
DTW-MSP
DCA-ATL
and the aforementioned FCO-AMS.

Percentage is comparable to previous years. I was 52% (13/25) on eligible segments in 2007; 58.8% (10/17) in 2008. I missed requalifying in 08, so I wasn't FO for most of 2009 (but was 3/5 after I made it).

-ww
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
From July to today: 26/ 20/ 14/ 70%

Flights I missed: DTW-LGA (3); MSP-ORD; ORD-LGA; CMH-LGA
Favorite upgrades: LGA-SLC; SFO-JFK; LGA-MSP (2); MSP-LGA
3 Upgrades due to IRROPS: LGA-ATL; LGA-MSP(1); ATL-DTW

My 4 segments this weekend are LGA-DTW, DTW-LGA and two single-class CRJ's, so I will probably end up at 30/ 22/14/ 64% as FO. Not bad.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
See stats below in my signature line. I missed this thread back in July when most of the posts were made. Despite the notion that FO is all but dumb luck for upgrades, seems that many of us do well.

I fly out of PIT. I will make GM in November based on the double MQM promo. While I expect their will be a glut of new medallions, or medallions moving up a level because of this promotion, I hope it will help me somewhat for my connecting flights in ATL. I already do very well to/from DTW.

I don't know about the rest of my FO brethren, but I don't mind being ignored in the FA's welcome message when I am sitting in F!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Silver, AVIS First
I missed this thread because I wasn't FO then.

So far as FO I am 18/6/1, so 16.7%.

Lots of one-cabin RJs, sigh.

Missed:
PHL-ATL and return.
PHL-DTW and return.
DTW-BWI.

Upgraded on:
BWI-DTW on a Monday early afternoon.

Most of my upgradeable flights are between PHL and DTW or ATL, on Mondays and Fridays, so I just expect to *not* get them... and enjoy the early-boarding-while-there's-space-in-the-overheads as my "perk".
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Plat, LH Freq Traveller
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
It won't happen often but it is possible, at least on DL metal. If coach is full but seats in front are available, DL will sometimes op-up Medallions to the front so they can sell those seats again in the back. Also, it's possible coach was already oversold.

Never heard of AF/KL doing this for DL Medallions but I suppose it could happen.
My buddy is a DM out in New York. He flies to AMS regularly and says he gets FC upgrades about 25% of the time. I imagine his success rate is because the flight is commonly oversold.

As for my stats:

31/17/11 65%
I do mostly international flying so a lot of segments aren't eligible. I'm flying out of MSP so I guess I am lucky with the UGs I get. I recently went GM so I am hoping to get that percentage up into the 80s if possible.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Update: YTD 11/21/2010,

20/18/4 22.22%

The upgrades were
LAX-LAS
LAX-SLC
ATL-MKE
MKE-ATL (last minute UG when FC passenger was a no-show)

Last edited by Oakshadow; Nov 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm Reason: update 11/21/10
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
So far I am 117/118. The rest are CRJs. The upgrade I missed was ATL MCO a few weeks ago when they had the ADA convention. I think they had 4 or 5 DMs on the list that did not make it. I assume a lot of folks bought F. I have only been on the Battle field list once(booking 5 days out) and made it LAX ATL. The other couple of times on the Battle field list were for early flights and I did make the upgrade. I rarely stand by though and it was off peak times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.