Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transatlantic 757-200

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by StefanNYC
How is that possible?
The promo is only for flights originating in PIT (and other 3 cities), isn't it? So, JFK-PIT-JFK or LGA-PIT-LGA shouldn't earn any bonus...
Shhhh!!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
R/T NYC-PIT with a nested R/T PIT-CDG. Itins have to originate and end at one of the four cities. At least that's what was told to another FTer by Kevin Pinto within the last couple of days IIRC.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
I got this OpUp a few weeks ago. Had been watching it and felt pretty sure about it the night before, so I wasn't surprised, but the words "vous etiez surclasse monsieur" were still music to my ears.

That trip the CDG-PIT worked out well for me and I jumped right on to a connecting flight to NY, but it's worth keeping in mind that the 24 hour rule applies on int'l trips, so it's easy enough to put yourself on a quick XXX-PIT and back the day before and after your int'l trips if you want.

I'm sitting in CAI in the middle of one right now...
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:46 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
I got this OpUp a few weeks ago.
Congratulations! May I ask which status level you hold that allowed you to have the high honor of a TATL upgrade?

I'm glad to hear that the flight was so full! Maybe they'll actually be able to keep it, even if it's only 4 days a week!
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat,, HH Gold
757-200

I just booked CDG-PIT on a 757-200. I was able to secure bulkhead seats but I'm worried that I made a mistake doing TATL on a narrow body.
Thoughts?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:24 pm

CDG-PIT is on the ex-TWA aircraft. I prefer 2 C/D in Business Elite or 18 D/E, 19C in coach if available. Will take 36 C/D if I have carry-on bags that I do not want to fight over bin space for. Also, in 36 it feels quieter because it is the smaller part of the cabin and in light loads you are more likely to have open seats
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
19C in the ex-TWA is a nice seat. Lots of legroom, power. You also get a PTV, which is not the case on most other 757-200s. The seats are a fraction of an inch narrower than on most of the other wide-bodies, but overall it's a very comparable experience.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ENG Phil
I just booked CDG-PIT on a 757-200. I was able to secure bulkhead seats but I'm worried that I made a mistake doing TATL on a narrow body.
Thoughts?
Avoid 36 A/F as the slide severely restricts leg room.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
At least you will have AVOD on this flight.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Has anyone seen customers in 35 D-F

I know that for TATL, these seats are reserved for Crew Rest but in checking out this flight, I am able (or so it seems;-) to lock in 35D when booking.

Can anyone confirm that they are seating Y in these seats or are they blocked off for the crew?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Deleted; see below.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Feb 17, 2011 at 3:15 pm
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I have a flight in April on the 757-200 Atlantic (5600 Series) in April from JFK-ARN. The aisle and window seats in the reclining exit row -- Row 22 -- are already taken. I can take the middle in row 22, but fighting two seatmates for elbow room doesn't sound all that appealing, even though the upside would be more space for my feet and legs. At least one aisle seat is available in row 21, but I assume that it has restricted recline due to the exit row behind it, so that's not so good for an overnight flight, even if the legroom is above-average. The seats in Row 16 are unavailable on the seat map, but it is not clear to me whether that's because they're already booked or if they're just being blocked either until the time of check-in for airport control. Assuming they open up, I am curious if the bulkhead in front of Row 16 is hard or soft, whether it has a foot cutout (and, if so, how generous it may be), and whether the legroom it affords is good, bad, or indifferent.

Seatguru suggests that 39 D, E, and F have extra legroom. Can anyone confirm and, better yet, give me an idea of how much extra legroom those seats might offer? Also, should I worry about those seats possibly having restricted recline is the case from some last-row-on-the-plane seats or would this be an unfounded fear? If Row 39 has extra legroom and full recline, I'll probably just park myself there, as I can live with being near the lavatory and one of the last to get off the plane if the ride is otherwise more comfortable.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Seat guru shows 38" of pitch in business elite on the 75E. I am hoping this is incorrect. Anybody know? I think this is the equipment operating out PIT-CDG flight in May based on the seatmap.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by AdamS
Seat guru shows 38" of pitch in business elite on the 75E. I am hoping this is incorrect. Anybody know? I think this is the equipment operating out PIT-CDG flight in May based on the seatmap.
The 75E is not correct on SeatGuru. BE has 55" pitch on that aircraft.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...00er/index.jsp

This is another possible TATL 757.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del..._757-200_D.php
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Okay, thanks. I saw the other 757 seatmap on seatguru but the DL.com seatmap in econ. for my flight matches the seatguru map I posted the link for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.