Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by MachOne
I remember standing at the aircraft doorway preparing to jump into the "north Atlantic" (aka pool), pulling the tabs and nothing! Changed vests, same thing nothing! Third vest the CO2 cartridge wasn't properly seated and it shot out of it's socket hitting me in the ribs. The fourth vest worked.

MO
You had even worse luck than I did; in my case the third vest was the charm. I sure hope the real vests on the planes are better than the training vests!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
I remember getting to ________ the _________. Use your imagination.

Jlan!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Me too. I also remember doing the safety demo on stage with ifette and burj, including the inflating life vest.
I totally remember that with so much fondness!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I remember having a stiff left shoulder for about two weeks after working with atldlff to pull everyone into the raft. At least I didn't pitch out of the raft and into the water as our illustrious leader did.

I also remember Canarsie and I working as gate agents on Concourse D and at a gate where we were boarding three different flights at the same time. I'm sure somebody who thought they were flying to Dothan ended up in Charlottesville.

Last edited by atl runner; Oct 30, 2011 at 9:03 am
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by atl runner
I remember having a stiff left shoulder for about two weeks after working with atldlff to pull everyone into the raft. At least I didn't pitch out of the raft and into the water as our illustrious leader did.

I also remember Canarsie and I working as gate agents on Concourse D and at a gate where we were boarding three different flights at the same time. I'm sure somebody who thought they were flying to Dothan ended up in Charlottesville.
Yep, I am guilty! After sleeping maybe five hours over the four days, I realized how worn out I was when I couldn't even climb in that raft.

I volunteered to work the gates in ATL again the Wednesday before Thanksgiving! Busiest Airport on one of the busiest travel days of the year, I am guessing I will see some REAL action then. A*TD
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by atldlff
Yep, I am guilty! After sleeping maybe five hours over the four days, I realized how worn out I was when I couldn't even climb in that raft.

I volunteered to work the gates in ATL again the Wednesday before Thanksgiving! Busiest Airport on one of the busiest travel days of the year, I am guessing I will see some REAL action then. A*TD
I also remember the two of us sitting at the T Concourse Starbucks hours earlier--the only two people on the whole concourse--after leading the Sunday Gate Agents over there, and wondering if we would make it through the rest of the day, and....we did it!!!!.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
Clearly all of you with these memories from RWT weren't drinking enough...
Clearly.

MO
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by atldlff

That is awesome!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Well, it seems like some UA customers got to be gate agents and drive jetbridges:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...e-for-the-day/

David
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Ahhh - Good memories of RWT DO II -
and I had forgotten about this one.
Nice reminder - my other half has "ditch & recovery" training tomorrow as a corporate pilot...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16339892-post4140.html

Originally Posted by DLroads
The link worked for me, but just in case- I uploaded it to the pictures album
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
There were sharks in that pool?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
haha Why do you think I didn't do the ditching!!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
There were sharks in that pool?
Didn't you see them? Maybe your eyesight isn't good enough to use those simulators.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
... and I thought a new DL DO is coming up ...
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:53 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This thread is a bit outdated.
Obscure2K
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.