Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by secretsea18
And here's a pima cotton one for the guys:

http://www.leadapparel.com/servlet/t...Apparel/Detail

The cost is $27 too. Of course there is a fee for the logos, etc...

Breathing is important. I'm just sayin'.....
I agree with you..breathing is important..would be willing to pay extra for man's 100% pima cotton Oxford shirt with logo...even if mine becomes a beach cover up.....Hans would wear his....
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
At least we will be more comfortable, while unblending.
Absolutely +1 for paying a few bucks more for 100% Cotton!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I like $22 much more than $27, but I guess I can just breath easier than you- I don't notice any significant difference between 100% cotton and poly blends.
You live "Under an ORD approach path", meaning that you need plastic in your clothing just to protect yourself against the air pollution.

I live in a country where 80 degrees F is considered a cold snap.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by atldlff
I now have an answer for you:

The "official uniform" for a Delta PSA are Navy Blue with a White Shirt that has grey trim and Platinum (Grey) ties. When sweaters are worn they are Navy Blue and many of the agents also wear Blazers which are also Navy Blue.

You can mix/match any of the above items, just keep the dark pants (preferably Navy) and dark shoes with a White Dress shirt. (Ties are optional).

We are attempting to make all of you "blend" in with the Agents, and the Delta team likes the custom Shirt concept with the Delta and FlyerTalk logos.

I am working on shirts with the vendor now. I don't have a final price quote yet, but it looks like the shirts will be in the $20-22 range per shirt which is very reasonable for a Oxford button-down dress shirt. Once I get the final price, I will let everyone know and we will add the option to order them via the registration system online. Yes, there will be a women's version of the shirt available also, and if you want to order a second shirt in another color, we have a logo for a dark shirt too. (Black, Navy, etc.) Of course, this shirt is optional and you are free to wear whatever white shirt you would like.

Here are the shirts:

Men's shirt - Harriton Men's Long Sleeve Twill

Women's shirt - Harriton Women's Oxford

Here is a sample of what the white shirt with the logo will look like:

I am a bit late but thank you for all this information, ATLDLFF (Ataldelff??)
Dede
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Dovster
Along with Dovster, I also suspect that the moment Canarsie reads this post, I will be removed from the list of attendees and one of those on the waitlist will be moved up:
To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event last year in 2009...

Was last year 2009, or maybe last year was 2004? Darn, I'm not sure!

So, to combine and embellish the corrections:

"Even if the waitlist were still open, there are currently 62 people on it.

To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event last year."

OR

"To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event in 2009."
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:24 pm

Yes, I agree, I live in a state (Florida) where 9 months of the year, 80 degrees is considered a cold snap, and where the other 3 months, about half of the population put away their short pants (while truly shivering) and puts on long pants, since the outside temperature has plunged to 75 degrees!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USirritated
To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event last year in 2009...

To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event last year."

OR

"To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event in 2009."
Last year could also have been 2002 or 5770 or...
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Not picky. Pick a high quality shirt with logo and I will buy 2!!!!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Of course there is a fee for the logos, etc...
If we order greater than 36 pieces, custom embroidery is apparently free of charge...
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
If we order greater than 36 pieces, custom embroidery is apparently free of charge...
It's hard to tell if it would be available on everything, or special pieces. Also 36 pieces total, or of one particular SKU and size? Regardless, the embroidery charge, if not free, is nominal, considering the entire event.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
You live "Under an ORD approach path", meaning that you need plastic in your clothing just to protect yourself against the air pollution.

That's not why you have trouble breathing and need to wear special expensive cotton clothing. Your problem is that you are a chain smoker, and your lungs are shot.

So, bleeding lung liberal that you are, you want me to pay extra for my shirt because of your personal irresponsibility.

grrrrr
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:21 pm

OR

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Well, yes, I am Jewish, so I am aware that on the Hebrew Calendar, today is 4th of Tishrei, 5771, so last year would have been 5770, but I was not aware that "The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event - October 21-24, 2010" was operating on any calendar other than Gregorian?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
At least we will be more comfortable, while unblending.
I like the 3/4 sleeved shirts too.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
That's not why you have trouble breathing and need to wear special expensive cotton clothing. Your problem is that you are a chain smoker, and your lungs are shot.

So, bleeding lung liberal that you are, you want me to pay extra for my shirt because of your personal irresponsibility.

grrrrr
I think it is a major TOS violation to libel, defame, and slander anyone by calling him a "liberal".
Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Well, yes, I am Jewish, so I am aware that on the Hebrew Calendar, today is 4th of Tishrei, 5771, so last year would have been 5770, but I was not aware that "The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event - October 21-24, 2010" was operating on any calendar other than Gregorian?
It is an international event.

We have people coming from as far away as — well — Israel to attend.

Happy belated Chinese New Year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.