Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ShopAround
How does one see the page if they do not have a FB account?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Italy98

You don't.

And you can't see it if you've permanently deactivated your account as I've done.

So I guess we'll have to glean what we can from the comments in this thread.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Where is indufan? He needs to respond to this...
He's on the waitlist.

Are we able to bring cameras to the Walk a Mile event?
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by atldlff
Good morning. I spent some time yesterday afternoon at the ATL airport with the Performance Leader that is coordinating the Walk a Mile with Atlanta ACS. We reviewed the logistics of the day, toured the Delta Employee Facilities on Concourse T and discussed who from Delta would be participating. This single venue will involve a large number Delta employees on both days, including 50+ Delta PSA employees, as well as a variety of both Management and Airport Operations personnel. The word has gotten out amount the ACS employees and they are very excited and eager to participate. We will be hearing about the "Service from the Heart" program currently underway in ATL. I was told that are really looking forward to hearing about the Customer Service experience from our point of view, and the Atlanta Worldport Management team will also participate in a debriefing session at the end of the morning to answer questions as well as hear our feedback.

The Delta team is holding a “drawing” to incorporate more than 30 of the Delta ACS employees in both the Friday and Saturday evening dinners, so they can get a chance to extend the interaction with the FlyerTalk members. This type of event has never been done with customers before, so those of you participating will be making history in what I can tell you will be a very unique and interesting learning experience for both Delta and FlyerTalk members.

Canarsie and I, along with atlrunner and WesNSpace will be doing this for an entire day in the next two weeks, and we will share the experience with everyone first hand (maybe some pictures too). No, I am not disclosing the date… but be on the lookout for one of us working your flight in ATL.

Couple of important items to note for this event:
  • We will be adding a Driver’s License/Passport # field to your registration as we will need to provide this information on the manifest two weeks prior to the event.
  • Dress code is a white shirt with dark pants and dark shoes (no open toe shoes please). We will be working on making a white oxford shirt with the Delta and FlyerTalk logo embroidered on it for those who want to order one.

I won’t share all of the details of the type of activities that you will be doing for the day, but you WILL be actively engaged in many aspects the boarding process and gate operations from the beginning of a flight check-in until you close the flight out and it leaves the gate. Get those PA voices ready, get those positive attitude and smiles ready - be looking passengers carrying more than two carry-on items or oversized bags. You will get a chance to manage those “gate lice” and the SkyPriority Boarding process. Stand in front of a mirror and practice saying: I am sorry there are no more window seats available, but I do have a middle seat with restricted recline in front of the Lav available; we are ONLY boarding Zone 1 at this time; If your upgrades clears it will show on the overhead GIDS; This flight is oversold and we are looking for volunteers…; Due to weather in New York, this flight is being delayed…; Why of course, I see you are a Diamond Medallion and we appreciate your business, thank you for flying Delta.
All right, that did it! I am opting out of RWT II and signing up for the ACS on Sunday.

Not right now, I'll do it in the AM. Time to go to bed . . . it has been a long day (and I am back at the scene of the crime, er, I mean injury).
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Originally Posted by Italy98
The new page on Facebook is accessible to anyone even you don't have a Facebook account. However, if you want to post pictures it will require an account. The link to the FB Page and Twitter are at http://www.atldo.com on the right.

I'm working out photostreams from the major photo sharing websites tomorrow morning and will post that information as well.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 10:26 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Waitlist is closed, yes?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xanthuos
Waitlist is closed, yes?
Even if the waitlist was open, there are currently 62 people on it.

To put it in perspective, that is almost the total number of attendees who attended the event last year in 2009...
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I suspect that the moment Canarsie reads this post, I will be removed from the list of attendees and one of those on the waitlist will be moved up:

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Even if the waitlist was open, there are currently 62 people on it.
That sentence requires use of the subjunctive tense: "Even if the waitlist were open..."
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by dedehans
I asked before about possibly a blazer. Would one of you please check DL what color might be preferable? Thanks.
I now have an answer for you:

The "official uniform" for a Delta PSA are Navy Blue with a White Shirt that has grey trim and Platinum (Grey) ties. When sweaters are worn they are Navy Blue and many of the agents also wear Blazers which are also Navy Blue.

You can mix/match any of the above items, just keep the dark pants (preferably Navy) and dark shoes with a White Dress shirt. (Ties are optional).

We are attempting to make all of you "blend" in with the Agents, and the Delta team likes the custom Shirt concept with the Delta and FlyerTalk logos.

I am working on shirts with the vendor now. I don't have a final price quote yet, but it looks like the shirts will be in the $20-22 range per shirt which is very reasonable for a Oxford button-down dress shirt. Once I get the final price, I will let everyone know and we will add the option to order them via the registration system online. Yes, there will be a women's version of the shirt available also, and if you want to order a second shirt in another color, we have a logo for a dark shirt too. (Black, Navy, etc.) Of course, this shirt is optional and you are free to wear whatever white shirt you would like.

Here are the shirts:

Men's shirt - Harriton Men's Long Sleeve Twill

Women's shirt - Harriton Women's Oxford

Here is a sample of what the white shirt with the logo will look like:

Last edited by atldlff; Sep 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
I now have an answer for you:

The "official uniform" for a Delta PSA are Navy Blue with a White Shirt that has grey trim and Platinum (Grey) ties. When sweaters are worn they are Navy Blue and many of the agents also wear Blazers which are also Navy Blue.

You can mix/match any of the above items, just keep the dark pants (preferably Navy) and dark shoes with a White Dress shirt. (Ties are optional).

We are attempting to make all of you "blend" in with the Agents, and the Delta team likes the custom Shirt concept with the Delta and FlyerTalk logos.

I am working on shirts with the vendor now. I don't have a final price quote yet, but it looks like the shirts will be in the $20-22 range per shirt which is very reasonable for a Oxford button-down dress shirt. Once I get the final price, I will let everyone know and we will add the option to order them via the registration system online. Yes, there will be a women's version of the shirt available also, and if you want to order a second shirt in another color, we have a logo for a dark shirt too. (Black, Navy, etc.) Of course, this shirt is optional and you are free to wear whatever white shirt you would like.

Here are the shirts:

Men's shirt - Harriton Men's Long Sleeve Twill

Women's shirt - Harriton Women's Oxford

Here is a sample of what the white shirt with the logo will look like:

Any chance of getting the shirt in 100% cotton? I know the cost would be more, but there are some (at least for ladies) that are not that much more in cost ~$27 for a 100% cotton shirt...
I would pay more for a nicer shirt in 100% cotton.

for instance this one: http://www.leadapparel.com/servlet/t...Apparel/Detail
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by secretsea18
Any chance of getting the shirt in 100% cotton?
We are attempting to make all of you "blend" in with the Agents
If it's 100% cotton we won't blend.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
At least we will be more comfortable, while unblending.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Perhaps, but at least we will be able to breathe.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:23 pm

And here's a pima cotton one for the guys:

http://www.leadapparel.com/servlet/t...Apparel/Detail

The cost is $27 too. Of course there is a fee for the logos, etc...

Breathing is important. I'm just sayin'.....
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Dovster
Perhaps, but at least we will be able to breathe.
I like $22 much more than $27, but I guess I can just breath easier than you- I don't notice any significant difference between 100% cotton and poly blends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.