Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by atldlff
4 open slots left...

Going... Going....
Good work, and I apologize for the "Shenanigans" comment. Just venting, in place of gritting my brand new dental implants !
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
I manually added you and your wife.
Thank you!
(if I'd blown the registration it would be best that I didn't return home today... I'd probably have to move to Israel and shack up with Dovster instead. I came to Panera Bread to log on and register, because our Sprint 4G service at home is too flaky for anything mission critical).
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is pretty amazing that about seventy of us were simultaneously on line at the magic hour this morning. Does this qualify as a virtual DO?

Seriously, will we be able to select our preferred time and aircraft type? I was ready with my list of most to least desirable times for the simulator given the announced time schedules for the OCC and Tech Center. Perhaps by sign up order. Of course, we all know that Cholula and his +1 will be last because of the self-proclaimed #79 and #80. (It's only fair....)

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 21, 2010 at 10:42 am
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Dovster
Confirmation e-mail received.
On your confirmation e-mail does it say "re-route to Moscow?" If it does not say that, then you are in the wrong simulator, since Delta made special arrangements for sim training for Tupolevs, with supervision by the Wendy's "day-vear, even'ning-vear, svim-vear" ladies, including their special flashlights!

Special note - this only applies to Dovster, since he has such a special way with the really beautiful ladies, like the models in that commercial.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Funny I feel like I'm under a sim... :-P
You have been graceful and effective under extreme pressure. Kudos for getting the back end rebuilt so quickly^
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I printed out my agenda with the Sim, but I didn't get an email..... Am I registered?

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Seriously, will we be able to select our preferred time and aircraft type? Perhaps by sign up order. Of course, we know Cholula and his +1 will be last because of the self-proclaimed #79 and #80. (It's only fair....)
+1

I think I'm in, I had a similar problem to Gargoyle with it coming and going.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: DL PM MM
My general registration shows me signed up for the SIM, but I have not received any email confirmatio. Oh dear?!??!!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by sc flier
I got confirmation email within about a minute after Finalizing. I also pulled up the online receipt to confirm that it displayed.

Numbers are not really given out. The post(er) that mentioned them was just a tease.

Cholula, I shall beat up on you and your wooden hat til you see stars!
What a crazy 15 minutes!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
It's a bit faulty.
You should see my hamster....

Originally Posted by sc flier

Gargoyle, might it be that your browser is caching older versions of the pages? If there's another such round of updates that you need to do, could you try a different browser and/or clear your cache and try again?

Glad to see that WesNSpace got you fixed manually based on your posts. (I figured he would take care of it, of course.
1,000,000,000 ATLDO Points for your misguided trust in me running and fixing stuff :-P

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Thank you!
(if I'd blown the registration it would be best that I didn't return home today... I'd probably have to move to Israel and shack up with Dovster instead. I came to Panera Bread to log on and register, because our Sprint 4G service at home is too flaky for anything mission critical).
I'll take a soup bowl of any soup at this point...

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is pretty amazing that about seventy of us were simultaneously on line at the magic hour this morning. Does this qualify as a virtual DO?

Seriously, will we be able to select our preferred time and aircraft type? Perhaps by sign up order. Of course, we know Cholula and his +1 will be last because of the self-proclaimed #79 and #80. (It's only fair....)
Because we have so many people requested to be grouped with other people (over 50%) we are going to have to randomly assign all that information. Funny because spots #79 and #80 were actually assigned out to the contest winners.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Traveller
I printed out my agenda with the Sim, but I didn't get an email..... Am I registered?
Did you click Finalize?

After this step, IIRC, you should have seen a receipt page that includes a barcode near the top, your contact info, your agenda, and your fee and payment transaction summary (which is history from your original registration, of course).
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Apparently we need to all get a life. LOL
FlyerTalk is our life. What good is reality?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I printed my confirmation page to a .pdf file, received a confirmation e-mail from the system, and received a confirmation e-mail from Wes, so I think I've OCD'ed enough for one day. I'm definitely in and I need to be partnered with people who know what they're doing and won't laugh at me, as I don't have a clue as to how to fly a plane!

Thank you, Wes, for being on top of this! Great job, I owe you an adult beverage! ^

Reality does pale in comparison, MikeMpls.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by Dorlee
My general registration shows me signed up for the SIM, but I have not received any email confirmatio. Oh dear?!??!!
Wes answered my frantic email, and told me to check my spam......guess what? There was my confirmation email. Whew

Many thanks, Wes et al
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I registered at about 12:05pm and it only showed a second tour for TFO - I did not see flight simulators as a separate listing?

There was a new listing for Technical Flight Operations - I assumed that was it.

There must have been a delay after 12:00pm. At 12:05 there was only the new TFO listing.

My confirmation email for the update adding TFO arrived at 12:07pm.

Now I see the simulator and it is sold out.

Last edited by cova; Aug 21, 2010 at 11:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.