Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, HHonors Gold
I love it when a plan comes together

Just got back from HKG on Monday 9/20 on DL26 (flew out on Saturday 9/18 on DL27) and successfully received the miles from both promotions: "Double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles" (25,000 for economy) and "Triple Miles in New International Markets" (double miles for economy). I flew economy and received 57,400 total miles and made Silver Medallion for the first time!

Here are the details: flew from STL to satisfy the first promo.
Ticket cost: $985.20
Cents/mile: $0.01716

RDMs (57,400 total miles)
STL - DTW: 500
DTW - HKG: 7850 + 7850 (2nd promo)
HKG - DTW: 7850 + 7850 (2nd promo)
DTW - STL: 500
25,000 bonus miles (1st promo)

MQMs (33,400 total miles)
STL - DTW: 500 + 500 (1st promo)
DTW - HKG: 7850 + 7850 (1st promo)
HKG - DTW: 7850 + 7850 (1st promo)
DTW - STL: 500 + 500 (1st promo)

Hopefully that's pretty good for a newbie!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by bdheini
...Hopefully that's pretty good for a newbie!
Now you have to ask yourself: do I stop here? or do I go for GM/PM/DM?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bdheini
I flew economy and received 57,400 total miles and made Silver Medallion for the first time!

Hopefully that's pretty good for a newbie!
I think you did pretty well! And despite the no-stacking t&c you got the new route bonuses and the STL bonus.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Actually no. I emailed him and he responded right away that it was going to be sent it on to Laura, who did not respond to my emails (just swamped I am sure) so I just called the Plat line and they fixed it while I was on the phone
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
I emailed about a week ago about my jacked up mileage postings and nothing is fixed yet. He (and Laura) might be busy.
Me, too, a week ago. Still missing EQMs and miles.

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Actually no. I emailed him and he responded right away that it was going to be sent it on to Laura, who did not respond to my emails (just swamped I am sure) so I just called the Plat line and they fixed it while I was on the phone
I may try that. I'd like to know how many EQM I have before I take my next trip, and so I can figure out whether it's worth it to go for Diamond.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
...I'd like to know how many EQM I have before I take my next trip, and so I can figure out whether it's worth it to go for Diamond.
Take your posted MQM balance and what you have coming, and you know the number, assume (?) what's missing will ultimately post, even if it takes more legwork on your part, and then make a determination. @:-) Or, maybe I'm just missing something here.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Me, too, a week ago. Still missing EQMs and miles.

I may try that. I'd like to know how many EQM I have before I take my next trip, and so I can figure out whether it's worth it to go for Diamond.
I keep an excel worksheet which lists every flight and what mileage I expect. I highlight it once it posts. If not posted within a week, I call for adjustment. I'm pretty anal about all of it
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
I'm sure this has been answered....but

I'm sure this has been answered but I can't surf through 1,200 replies to find it. If I'm flying BNA-ATL-LHR-ATL-BNA....but I don't take the last leg (ATL-BNA)....will that screw things up? Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold, UA Premier
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't surf through 1,200 replies to find it. If I'm flying BNA-ATL-LHR-ATL-BNA....but I don't take the last leg (ATL-BNA)....will that screw things up? Thanks
Yes. You have to complete the PNR to get the credit for the return trip. No return to BNA would mean that you don't get double MQM's or the promotional miles for the LHR-ATL segment.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:42 pm

Making sure miles clear

Likewise, this may have been covered, but anyone know if there will be a computer problem if I did Jfk-Pit on one ticket and Pit-Bud on another? Layover in Pit was only a few hours, will the computer recognize the double MQM and 25k bonus or do I need to call them up and manage get the miles manually.

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Kohoutek
No, MKE isn't a focus city. But we've been getting DMQM for the positioning flights, although that is not the way it was supposed to work, IIRC.
This FACT is very interesting...I'd love more comments on it or thoughts

I am in MSP and thinking about taking a position flight to STL and doing these back and forth for a few days.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Wish there was a Sky club in STL

If there was a Sky Club in STL, I'd fly back and forth all week from STL-MSP-STL BACK and forth and just work from STL Sky Club
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by twoner32
This FACT is very interesting...I'd love more comments on it or thoughts...
There's more! It's been all spelled out here.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by twoner32
If there was a Sky Club in STL, I'd fly back and forth all week from STL-MSP-STL BACK and forth and just work from STL Sky Club
Maybe the USO Club will work for ya.

P.S. Marriott is spelled with two t's.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Fellow FTers, this thread is now 84 pages long. Please don't tell me to read every page to find the answer to my question.

Please tell me how to reach Jeff Pinto and/or Laura...I need to get the bonus miles for my BNA-SYD-BNA MR which was completed on 9/13. Sounds like I should have had them post by now (even though the T&C say that they will post six weeks after the end of the promotion).

If it isn't permitted to post the emails publicly, please PM me. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.