Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Much of this thread has turned into people asking the same questions over and over and over.

I would recommend checking out the wiki, at a minimum, before asking basic questions regarding this promotion. The wiki has a lot of the nuts and bolts covered. Maybe we can reserve the thread for more advanced queries.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
You can have 2 separate tickets and you can arrive and depart PIT the same day. I don't think you can check your bags all the way but you can ask to be sure.

Originally Posted by NWPlatHouston
Sorry - I am sure this has been discussed but I was not able to find it quickly in the 80 pages of this discussion

Since I am not in the spoke city (STL, PIT, RDU) - I have to book 2 seperate tickets one to go from my city to say PIT and then from there to my final destination. Could I fly early morning say from TLH-PIT and then start my 2nd itenary from PIT that same day or does it have to be different days?

Are there some limitations or constraints?

And the final question - would I be able to check my bags all the way to the final destination - or do I have to re-check in PIT?

Thanks for any help on this.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NWPlatHouston

Are there some limitations or constraints?

And the final question - would I be able to check my bags all the way to the final destination - or do I have to re-check in PIT?

Thanks for any help on this.
You can definitely fly into PIT and back on your return on the same day -- but on separate PNRs. And if the positioning trips are too close to the PIT trips (in time) you may have to ask Kevin P to manually post the bonus mileage. But he seems to be used to doing that.
As to combining the checked bags -- I think a savvy agent could probably do it. But, in my case, for example -- my return positioning flight from STL to DCA departed 55 minutes after my arrival in STL on the last leg of the LIM-STL flight (in fact it was the same airplane that went on to DTW). I asked a recheck agent in ATL if he could reissue the bag tag to show ATL-MSP-STL-DTW-DCA and he said he couldn't do it, especially with an international link. I was prepared to carry on my bag and did. In fact since it was the same airplane into and out of STL, and one of the flight attendants was actually continuing on MSP-STL-DTW, she let me leave my bag in the overhead during the connection.
But -- I think this will depend on the agents and others you deal with. Some are more knowledgeable and able to manage the system better than others. (Like the gem who booked me into BE because as she said "Diamond million-milers should be upgraded.")
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta SM Lifetime, Hilton , Bonvoy Titanium
From RDU...

Anybody have any suggestions on a milage run from RDU the week of Nov. 14-21 or just any good ones for w/end travel to anywhere thru the rest of the year to capitalize on this?
Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lively1nc
Anybody have any suggestions on a milage run from RDU the week of Nov. 14-21 or just any good ones for w/end travel to anywhere thru the rest of the year to capitalize on this?
Thanks!

It would be certainly appreciated if people can post any good deals for this promotion from any of the four applicable cities. I would love to do a few more of these.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by lively1nc
Anybody have any suggestions on a milage run from RDU...
try farecompare.com
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Here's My Mileage Run "Starting at" PIT

I'm going on 30 September, and coming back on 4 October. I purchased the cheapest ticket to LHR that I could, PIT-CVG-JFK-LHR-CDG-PIT, for a little over $900; I had $300 in DL vouchers, which brought the total down to just over $600. This should get me about 18,000 MQMs and about 45,200 SkyMiles.

To get to PIT, I am flying BWI-DTW-PIT and return, which cost just $160 RT. I get another 2,000 MQMs and 5,000 SkyMiles for this itinerary.

If the flights run to schedule, I leave BWI at 7:30 a.m., get to DTW just after 9 a.m., leave for PIT at 10:10 a.m., arrive in PIT 11:15 a.m., and depart PIT on the same plane for CVG at 11:45. I just have to hope that on-line check in works for the international itinerary; particularly since I am on Flight 1 from CVG to LHR, which has a change of planes in JFK, and I have different seat numbers, and cannot see both of them in my reservation. I have about 2 hours of SC time in CVG and about 2 hours of SC time in JFK.

My back-up plans to go to PIT are either (1) forego the BWI-DTW-PIT itinerary and drive (it is about 275 miles from my house to PIT via I-70, the PA turnpike and the Parkways through Pittsburgh, which I should be able to cover in 4:15), or (2) WN has a non-stop flight leaving BWI at 0955--this takes about 36 minutes wheels up to touch down. I'll drive if I am unable to check in for the international itinerary on line. I'll use WN if I can check in for all segments but the DL 7:30 flight is significantly delayed or canceled.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A pretty good intra-USA run from STL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14704252-post41.html
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
It should've been then been prefaced with "hey - if you're headed to LIM, here's something to check out..." rather than just a link in this topic - which implies that it's actually related to the topic at hand. Otherwise, it appears as spam. I have an interest in items related to this promotion - not to articles of clothing for sale in Lima. By point blank posting with no explanation, one would ASSUME it's actually related to the promotion. Considering the poster first posts a link to a clothing store and THEN follows up almost 3h later with a question asking how to find a cheap fare on the promotion, it's easy to doubt the intent.

Also FWIW, common routes (eg to SYD) have independent threads on "what to do with 24h in SYD on this MR" to keep THIS thread clear of off topic items.
Why don't we leave the moderating to the moderators?

If you don't like something, use the Bad Post button...don't clutter up the thread with your commentary. If you care so much about leaving the thread "clean", wouldn't this be a better route (pot, kettle, black much)?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Why don't we leave the moderating to the moderators?

If you don't like something, use the Bad Post button...don't clutter up the thread with your commentary. If you care so much about leaving the thread "clean", wouldn't this be a better route (pot, kettle, black much)?
Done! Thanks for the reminder of the button to notify the mods. Since most people abide by common courtesy, I haven't had reason to utilize it thus far. By reminding people not to spam or try and sell something on here, I'm not cluttering. You clearly haven't even gotten the point!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
A pretty good intra-USA run from STL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14704252-post41.html
Your routing is:

STL-ATL-LAX-DTW-MKE-ATL-LAX-ATL-STL

Is this a legal RT routing? You're visiting ATL twice on the return from MKE to STL.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yashan
Your routing is:

Is this a legal RT routing? You're visiting ATL twice on the return from MKE to STL.
delta.com gave it to me.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:58 pm

Question

Your routing is:

Sorry I am new to this and would like to learn how.

Is this as simple as going to Delta.com, choose Roundtrip, put in STL to MKE and dates? For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how that would come out as yours did in one ticket. Did I miss something or is this a two ticket itin?

Thanks for all your help.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
delta.com gave it to me.

What dates are you doing this?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 4:01 pm

Thumbs down

Your routing is:
I did find the exact routing on Delta.com but it wouldn't let me book it. Tried three times. Same message: .... please call Delta Representative. Blah blah blah.

So I found another: STL-ATL-LAX-CVG-ATL same day return for $200.00 (a.i.) Again, it wouldn't let me book it, and came back as the fare was no longer available, it's now $278.00. Logged out and in, tried it three more times ($200.00), same 'FARE HAS CHANGED' to $278.00 message I give up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.