Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
Darn it, I was beginning to think OMA might work.. I'm flying back to STL via MSP in August, so I guess I may as well register for that. Boo, Omaha sucks.
agreed... i plan on cashing in some free rental car awards and driving to/from stl a few times this fall... a good excuse to visit friends (though i hope they don't mind me leaving a bag and doing laundry occasionally )
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1M, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't get it....

I live in Kansas City and fly out of MCI. Why would Delta send me an offer for double MQM where I have to originate from a city 300 miles away? Doesn't make sense.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Would be nice if there was a full list of cities that this worked for....
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Would be nice if there was a full list of cities that this worked for....
there pretty much is: bna, pit, stl, rdu
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
It would be nice if this thread could serve as a conduit for sharing tantalizing transatlantic DL fares for travel through the end of the year from the qualifying U.S. departure cities (BNA, STL, PIT, and RDU, plus any other cities that are added or unearthed). @:-)
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Any idea what the method is to DL's madness with regard to the cities targeted for this promotion?

Is DL trying to poach WN customers in those cities? Those of some other airline?

Perhaps DL noted a precipitous drop in NW travelers/elites in those cities since the merger and would like to entice them to return to the merged fold?

DL loads way down in BNA, PIT, STL, and RDU, in particular?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Air Brian
Bonus Offer: MQMs and bonus miles may be earned multiple times.

Miscellaneous: MQMs and bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6—8 weeks following the end of the promotion (December 31, 2010).
I just invested 21 minutes of my life on the line with a DM agent based in SLC...

She confirmed that I will be earning this bonus on each DL flight I make thru the end of '10 out of my home city (STL). W-O-W is all I can say. ^

She also read through the promo T&C regarding posting of MQM's towards '10 or '11 and said "the wording is confusing, let me check with a supervisor"

After holding for nearly 15 minutes, the agent returned to the line and said the bonus MQM's will count towards *2010* status.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Any idea what the method is to DL's madness with regard to the cities targeted for this promotion?

Is DL trying to poach WN customers in those cities? Those of some other airline?

Perhaps DL noted a precipitous drop in NW travelers/elites in those cities since the merger and would like to entice them to return to the merged fold?

Well...as far as STL goes.... AA slashed svc to numerous cities in April so it could be that DL is trying to gain market share here. They've added capacity on many routes...the return of A319-20's to MSP and SLC in particular.

I have my DL complaints as an exNWA Plat but this promo will have me pimpin DL for the rest of the year to all my STL friends.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL
It would be nice if this thread could serve as a conduit for sharing tantalizing transatlantic DL fares for travel through the end of the year from the qualifying U.S. departure cities (BNA, STL, PIT, and RDU, plus any other cities that are added or unearthed). @:-)
SO far just checking some random dates on ITA I have found BNA-ATL-JFK-LAX-SYD-LAX-JFK-ATL-BNA for a total incl. DEQM of 44,892 for as low as $1144 (2.5 cents per EQM). That is the most I have been able to get in one trip, though Im sure someone out there already has a better route/destination in mind
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*

Yep, that would be me......just kidding.

This brings the value of DL flying back up to the level of *A again, at least for those in these few cities. I've seen some very low fares BNA-BWI on DL lately, much lower than WN and others so maybe there really is something going on.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
agreed... i plan on cashing in some free rental car awards and driving to/from stl a few times this fall... a good excuse to visit friends (though i hope they don't mind me leaving a bag and doing laundry occasionally )

.. Did somebody say Roadtrip???
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I have a possible trip to BNA coming up in late June. I went ahead and registered and it let me, even though I am LAX based. After a closer reading of the T&Cs it seems the flight has to originate in BNA so no joy

But it got me thinking -- I am planning at TATL trip in October -- it might be worthwhile to wrap LAX-BNA-LAX around a BNA-FRA-BNA flight -- double MQM on the TATL plus 25K bonus miles.

Got me thinking -- I have relatives in STL, that would have been a better choice -- guess what, it let me register for that as well.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
almost worth flying to BNA, then buying a Y trip internationally. Would earn a whole 'nother elite level, and nearly 50k RDMs with status bonus and promo bonus.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Originally Posted by psychtobe
almost worth flying to BNA, then buying a Y trip internationally. Would earn a whole 'nother elite level, and nearly 50k RDMs with status bonus and promo bonus.
but there are no non-stop, international flights out of BNA that I see, unless you count Cancun and that does not get the 25K bonus.

Bonus Offer:
Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection
carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA)

I checked PIT, RDU , STL and BNA.....The only qualifying international flight I have come across is PIT to Paris. What am I missing?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 1:02 am

Dang! I was hoping there would be some love for SAN. I've got several Transcons and 1 South America trip the rest of the year. I'll be FO with a few thousand rollover miles...but with this deal I could probably hit Gold with a little creative routing. But....nooo!

CV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.