Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
RDU-ATL-ZRH-ATL-RDU WOULD count. Kevin confirmed this information further up in this thread.
But wouldn't the ATL > ZRH segment be on Delta? FreqTrav27 was asking about codeshares on KL and AF. Would codeshare segments qualify? If so, their T&Cs certainly imply otherwise.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:41 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Evan!
But wouldn't the ATL > ZRH segment be on Delta? FreqTrav27 was asking about codeshares on KL and AF. Would codeshare segments qualify? If so, their T&Cs certainly imply otherwise.
The DL flights within the itin would count, the codeshares would not. So if they flew XXX-ATL-ZRH-AMS-ATL-XXX with the ZRH-AMS segment on KL, that segment wouldn't count for the double MQMs but the itinerary would qualify for the 25,000 international bonus and any Delta segment would qualify for the double MQMs.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Jazzop
In spite of the vagueness in the T&Cs, I remain convinced that there truly is such a thing as a stupid question.
Hmm...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...caribbean.html
Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL PM
My thanks to all who contributed info about this promotion. I never would have known of it otherwise. Even though driving to RDU isn't always convenient, it is worth it for the 10,000 bonus miles, so I booked a ticket today that would have gone through a different city. Thanks so much!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador
since enrolling, I had a RT from RDU to BNA and I'm in the middle of a RT from RDU to ORD (heading back tomorrow). No bonus miles (beyond GM bonus) have posted.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
This ticket booked in M would qualify-- BNA-ATL-LAS-ATL-MSY-ATL-BNA, yes?
Thanks Bama!

I completely missed that Nashville was on the list.

BNA->BKK->BNA M fair, upped with some miles works for me. No positioning needed as I live north of ATL.

A tad under $2800 (plus re-upping my subscription to Expert Flyer to find Z).

Yes, not a good cpm, but I was flying TPAC anyway and can not do it in coach. So works VERY well. Net, it will be 20000 more miles and around 30000 more MQMs for about $200 more than a flight I would have taken sometime.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by battensea
I barely survived a single roundtrip LAX-SYD over the past few days in economy.

Your butt WILL BE sore. A bunch of passengers were complaining about how uncomfortable the seat bottoms were at the end of our flight to SYD.
I had not problems with the 777 seats. I am guessing you were on a new bird that was not yet broken in. Last year, I flew ATL-LAX-SYD in BE and the seats were quite stiff. This year I did the same run in coach, and had no discomfort. I noticed no difference is that aspect compared to long runs on NW, SQ, CX, QF, FJ, and NZ across the big pond.

My butt gets more sore in the exit row of a 757 from SFO to ATL than on a 777 from LAX-SYD.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Thanks Bama!

I completely missed that Nashville was on the list.

BNA->BKK->BNA M fair, upped with some miles works for me. No positioning needed as I live north of ATL.

A tad under $2800 (plus re-upping my subscription to Expert Flyer to find Z).

Yes, not a good cpm, but I was flying TPAC anyway and can not do it in coach. So works VERY well. Net, it will be 20000 more miles and around 30000 more MQMs for about $200 more than a flight I would have taken sometime.
Glad to be of service .
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Within the past couple hours, ALL my flights since the announcement of the promo (and purchased BEFORE I registered) were retroactively credited for the mileage bonus. I received numerous credits of 5K miles each starting on 6/19.

In addition, the DEQMs counted towards my Million Miler balance

Thumbs up Delta! ^
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:31 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Within the past couple hours, ALL my flights since the announcement of the promo (and purchased BEFORE I registered) were retroactively credited for the mileage bonus. I received numerous credits of 5K miles each starting on 6/19.

In addition, the DEQMs counted towards my Million Miler balance

Thumbs up Delta! ^
Out of curiosity, did the math work out correctly? I can't seem to figure out where they came up with the DMQM number that posted...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM
My miles posted also, the RDM's are correct the MQM's are not.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM; HH-Gold; MR-Silver; Avis-First
Standard miles for my outbound segments of my BNA-ANC r/t have posted. No bonus MQMs. I did however receie a 50% class bonus but booked only K.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Forever Young
since enrolling, I had a RT from RDU to BNA and I'm in the middle of a RT from RDU to ORD (heading back tomorrow). No bonus miles (beyond GM bonus) have posted.
I spoke too soon. My bonuses have now posted, and all correctly. I'm glad they're not taking 6-8 weeks.

My flights were 6/21, 6/24 and 6/28
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:30 pm

Mine posted! ^

Not just 6 to 8 weeks, they said 6 to 8 weeks after the promotion ended!

Plus I got 1,000 customer relations bonus for the delayed flight last week!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Now I'll throw out a wildcard question...

With Delta selling Mesaba and Compass, how will this affect the 2X miles promotions since many of the flights from these cities use RJ's?

As I recall, the T&C says it has to be on Delta or a Delta Connection. Since neither of these that are sold are DL Connection any longer...

No answers, just a question but I will try to find out an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.