Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
You’ve successfully registered to earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs)—plus generous mileage bonuses—for round-trip Delta flights out of Pittsburgh through December 31, 2010:

* Earn 5,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs when you fly to Delta hub cities—Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis, New York/JFK and Salt Lake City
* Earn 10,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for flights to all other cities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean—over 350 to choose from
* Earn 25,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for international travel in Economy Class to over 70 countries
* Earn 50,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for international travel in BusinessElite®

is this the message you got when signing up, this was the PIT Bonus
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by newfie
You’ve successfully registered to earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs)—plus generous mileage bonuses—for round-trip Delta flights out of Pittsburgh through December 31, 2010:

* Earn 5,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs when you fly to Delta hub cities—Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis, New York/JFK and Salt Lake City
* Earn 10,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for flights to all other cities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean—over 350 to choose from
* Earn 25,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for international travel in Economy Class to over 70 countries
* Earn 50,000 bonus miles plus double MQMs for international travel in BusinessElite®

is this the message you got when signing up, this was the PIT Bonus
Yep (BNA here).
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL
WiFi at RDU?

As a result of the double MQM promotion, I have become newly acquainted with RDU. The Carolinas are states that I have yet to visit, outside of the halls of the airports.

And I am not happy that communications signals are so weak in the Delta gates area of terminal 2 at RDU. I had a very tough time accessing the internet.

I tried using my laptop, but the only WiFi signal offered was for ATT (my computer also detected something advertised as "free WiFi," but I couldn't connect to it and assume it is a defunct offering). Fine. But when I tried to pay for a one-day pass with ATT, I could never get a strong enough signal that lasted long enough to get past the sign up screen and even submit payment info.

I had better success with the iphone on the 3G signal, but it was painfully slow, and was running down the battery over a fairly short amount of time.

Thankfully, I was able to get internet access once we got in the air with GOGO, which I used to think I would never have a need for. I was surprised at how good and fast the connection was (for browsing the web, anyway).
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Anyone care to speculate which bonus an international M fare upgraded to G/Z would get? I'd imagine just the 25K bonus would post since the upgrade fare classes are not listed in the T&C.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM, MR Titanium, HHonors Diamond
I saw this was nestled in a post earlier in the 26 pages at one point, but, don't think that it got answered... If you're on an international itinerary (e.g. BNA-ATL-CDG-VCE, returning VCE-CDG-ATL-BNA) and the European segments are DL-coded but on non-DL metal (in the example, CDG-VCE on AF), does the promo still hold? The assumption is you'd get 2x MQM on the BNA-ATL & ATL-CDG segments and 1x MQM on the CDG-VCE segement, but, I don't know if that's been clarified. The T&C indicate no codeshare partners are permitted as part of the promo, but, isn't clear if that disqualifies a segment or the whole trip...
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by gt6373c
I saw this was nestled in a post earlier in the 26 pages at one point, but, don't think that it got answered... If you're on an international itinerary (e.g. BNA-ATL-CDG-VCE, returning VCE-CDG-ATL-BNA) and the European segments are DL-coded but on non-DL metal (in the example, CDG-VCE on AF), does the promo still hold? The assumption is you'd get 2x MQM on the BNA-ATL & ATL-CDG segments and 1x MQM on the CDG-VCE segement, but, I don't know if that's been clarified. The T&C indicate no codeshare partners are permitted as part of the promo, but, isn't clear if that disqualifies a segment or the whole trip...
ISTR the deciding factor is which is the operating airline on the flight. your scenario sounds correct. however, they have not been clear what exactly would disqualify an entire trip or if parts of a trip would do so.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The answer posted several pages ago was that those nonDL metal segments wouldn't get the 2xMQM, but they wouldnt disqualify the DL metal segments from getting the bonus.

Originally Posted by gt6373c
Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:52 pm

I rebooked my Rome trip to originate and terminate in BNA. It cost an extra $500 when all was said and done, but I figure it is worth it for an additional 12,000 MQMs and a guarantee of PM next year.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:21 am

Hi, everone:

I just register this offer and I will fly a round trip RDU-ATL-RDU next month, however, I booked the flight before I register this offer, can I still receive the bonus miles?Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by battensea
As a result of the double MQM promotion, I have become newly acquainted with RDU. The Carolinas are states that I have yet to visit, outside of the halls of the airports.

And I am not happy that communications signals are so weak in the Delta gates area of terminal 2 at RDU. I had a very tough time accessing the internet.

I tried using my laptop, but the only WiFi signal offered was for ATT (my computer also detected something advertised as "free WiFi," but I couldn't connect to it and assume it is a defunct offering). Fine. But when I tried to pay for a one-day pass with ATT, I could never get a strong enough signal that lasted long enough to get past the sign up screen and even submit payment info.

I had better success with the iphone on the 3G signal, but it was painfully slow, and was running down the battery over a fairly short amount of time.

Thankfully, I was able to get internet access once we got in the air with GOGO, which I used to think I would never have a need for. I was surprised at how good and fast the connection was (for browsing the web, anyway).
Try hanging out around the United/Air Canada gates which are close to the Skyclub. Perhaps you can pickup the wi-fi from the Skyclub which is complimentary for "guests".
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: AA, EXP. DL, DM 1MM. HHonors, Diamond. Hertz, PC. National, EE.
Originally Posted by lrpwd
Hi, everone:

I just register this offer and I will fly a round trip RDU-ATL-RDU next month, however, I booked the flight before I register this offer, can I still receive the bonus miles?Thanks
Yes, the date of travel is what counts. If you had already flown, it is not retroactive.

I'm going to do a couple RDU-LAX-RDU runs this year, now that the non stop flight is an option.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mcmitchell
Yes, the date of travel is what counts. If you had already flown, it is not retroactive.

I'm going to do a couple RDU-LAX-RDU runs this year, now that the non stop flight is an option.
it might even be retroactive. Some Delta promos in the past have retroactively credited for me after signing up ... however, there is no guarantee.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador
What do I need to look at during booking to make sure that I'm on DL metal? Is that really just a concern for international flights?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by Forever Young
What do I need to look at during booking to make sure that I'm on DL metal? Is that really just a concern for international flights?
No, there are codeshares with Alaska.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Interlining bags on DL from connecting flight?

Don't know if this has been asked before on this promo - so here goes..

Would DL interline your checked bags all the way back to your origin (Lets say BNA/Nashville) and THEN to a connecting flight out of BNA to your FINAL destination? This would be handy, so as not to have to go outside the secure area, pick up bags, recheck in, and do TSA all over again. You'd be honoring the rules of the DL promo, but just saving you less hassle..

I have a confirmation/PNR code for both my DL flight and a connecting United flight..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.