Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by battensea
I emailed Delta's "contact us" line the other day and received the following response from a Medallion Desk agent:

What makes me nervous is that I still have two MRs coming up this month. I'd hate to wait until February to find out that there was some glitch in the records and I won't be getting any of those double MQMs or the ones that I have been expecting since my June flights.
When in June? The promotion started June 16. Did you register prior to getting on the plane for the correct hub? Does it show in your promotions registered list? You should have received the miles as soon as your trip ended.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Just a note: I am in PIT after finishing PIT-ATL-MUC and when I logon to delta.com it still shows the PIT promo and clicking on the link shows no mention of "Register by 11/30" -- just "fly by 12/31"

And for those keeping track -- my outbound posted find, DEQM and 25K RDM (I'm was on an I fare). I overnighted in ATL on the return so no news yet on that. My flight home (award, on separate PNR) is only 2 hours after the termination of the promo flight so it wouldn't surprise me if the DL computer gets confused. I overnighted in PIT on the outbound so no confusion there.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Just a note: I am in PIT after finishing PIT-ATL-MUC and when I logon to delta.com it still shows the PIT promo and clicking on the link shows no mention of "Register by 11/30" -- just "fly by 12/31"

And for those keeping track -- my outbound posted find, DEQM and 25K RDM (I'm was on an I fare). I overnighted in ATL on the return so no news yet on that. My flight home (award, on separate PNR) is only 2 hours after the termination of the promo flight so it wouldn't surprise me if the DL computer gets confused. I overnighted in PIT on the outbound so no confusion there.
It's pretty clear regarding Nov 30

From Nashville, we offer more flights per week than any other airline, including 11 convenient daily flights to our Atlanta hub.

So register now and make beautiful music for the rest of the year with our exciting bonus offer.

Register Now

A portion of travel for some itineraries may be on the Delta Connection® carriers: Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Chautauqua, Comair, Compass Airlines, Freedom Airlines, Mesaba, Pinnacle Airlines, Shuttle America, and SkyWest.

Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online at delta.com/sbnabonus and book by November 30, 2010, and fly by December 31, 2010.

Bonus Offer: Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Nashville, TN (BNA) by December 31, 2010, and earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) for each paid flight on Delta-coded flights and 5,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a Delta hub (ATL, DTW, SLC, MSP, MEM, JFK), 10,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a non-hub U.S. city, Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean, 25,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Economy class (Y,B,M,H,Q,K,L,U,T) or 50,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in BusinessElite® (J,D,C,I). Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer. MQMs and bonus miles may be earned multiple times. One-way travel will not qualify for the MQMs and bonus miles. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion qualification or Million Miler™ status.

Travel Period: Travel must be between June 16 and December 31, 2010. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2010.

Miscellaneous: MQMs and bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6—8 weeks following the end of the promotion (December 31, 2010). All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit the Membership Guide and Program Rules. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. Bonus applies only to the traveling SkyMiles member. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers. Please refer Delta customer service representative to .
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:22 am

Stopovers do NOT disqualify itineraries

Just got a response from Mr. Pinto:

Originally Posted by Kevin Pinto
Yes, as long as the itinerary is on one ticket, you would get the double MQMs and bonus miles, even with the stopover.
Happy travels!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was established early on through Kevin Pinto that itineraries with stopovers do count. I booked an overnight stopover in MCO on a SYD trip based on that information, and did receive the proper bonuses, eventually. I don't understand why all these settled controversies keep popping up again.

What does happen is that the computer messes up in awarding the bonuses, but then you just get the errors corrected.

Also, a RT with a stopover is still a RT.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
It was established early on through Kevin Pinto that itineraries with stopovers do count. I booked an overnight stopover in MCO on a SYD trip based on that information, and did receive the proper bonuses, eventually. I don't understand why all these settled controversies keep popping up again.

What does happen is that the computer messes up in awarding the bonuses, but then you just get the errors corrected.

Also, a RT with a stopover is still a RT.
I had thought that DL didn't consider it to be a RT because the only way it seems possible to book is using multicity, which is a different category from RT on delta.dumb.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had thought that DL didn't consider it to be a RT because the only way it seems possible to book is using multicity, which is a different category from RT on delta.dumb.
I booked RDU-SIN as a multicity because the routing that I wanted via SEA didn't come up as one of the RT options. I didn't have any problems with the double miles and bonuses posting correctly. My positioning flights also posted more than correctly.

I've earned over 113,000 MQM so far this year (a few more coming up, but opting for rollover rather than DM), a mixture of BIS/AmEx/spoke city promo, and have not had to contact Delta about any problems with MQM or RDM posting correctly. I think I lead a charmed life.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:46 pm

Book by date for rdu promotion

Unfortunately, I still have trips to book before year end, and was counting on the rdu promotion to get to diamond again - did not realize tickets had to be "booked by" nov 30....BUT... I just walked out of the rdu sky club, and the promo sign out front very clearly states "enroll by nov 30, book and complete travel by dec 31" - it could not be more clear.

I see that the promo detail in my account now shows as "inactive promotion", so I can not review details any longer. Is there any question that tickets had to be booked by nov 30 according to the fine print? Thanks in advance
Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by artf
Unfortunately, I still have trips to book before year end, and was counting on the rdu promotion to get to diamond again - did not realize tickets had to be "booked by" nov 30....BUT... I just walked out of the rdu sky club, and the promo sign out front very clearly states "enroll by nov 30, book and complete travel by dec 31" - it could not be more clear.

I see that the promo detail in my account now shows as "inactive promotion", so I can not review details any longer. Is there any question that tickets had to be booked by nov 30 according to the fine print? Thanks in advance
Here:

https://www.delta.com/pet/doublemqmR.../?soac=scllbna

But if the sign in the SC says otherwise, doesn't Delta have to honor that promo sign?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Originally Posted by artf

Here is a copy of the sign in question. I have also previously posted it. If you purchase a flight in December I imagine that Delta would have to credit the promo miles if you send in a copy of this sign, that is if they don't post automatically (and my gut feeling tells me they will post automatically)

Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
When in June? The promotion started June 16. Did you register prior to getting on the plane for the correct hub? Does it show in your promotions registered list? You should have received the miles as soon as your trip ended.
Registered June 21. Shows in my promotions list.
Purchased tickets afterward, and travel commenced June 24 or so.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta SM Lifetime, Hilton , Bonvoy Titanium
I just finished an open leg overnight yesterday and the front end miles posted, but only one of the return has posted so far, and it was without the points. I guess I will give it a couple of days and see what shakes out?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by lively1nc
I just finished an open leg overnight yesterday and the front end miles posted, but only one of the return has posted so far, and it was without the points. I guess I will give it a couple of days and see what shakes out?
Good plan, as has been suggested previously.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Last night, I completed my BNA-LAS trip for the expedia.ca promotion. So far, it looks like the outbound has posted correctly...just waiting for the return to post.

Although I'm just an FO, I was upgraded (at the window) for the BNA-SLC segment of the outbound. For the return, the GA announced that first class had checked in full, so everyone can go ahead and board. I assume the last passenger in first either was delayed or didn't show up. After everyone had boarded, the GA came on and asked if I wanted to move up to first.

On the ATL-BNA segment, I observed a nice gentleman in first give up his seat to a uniformed military person. ^

Now I have just one more trip to complete for this promo!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta SM Lifetime, Hilton , Bonvoy Titanium
Update to post 1974:
My miles finally posted and sure enough they were wrong! I asked why I wasn't being credited for the open leg stay over and the agent told me that since I broke the trip up and stayed overnight I wouldn't get the total amount of credits due to me for the promo. I asked her to check with a Supervisor and she came back after a long wait and said they were going to credit my account even though that was not part of the promo. She did make the comment that this was causing problems on a number of occasions. I didn't ask anymore questions, but I still am confused by the way they arrived at my totals. I guess the take away is that if you are breaking your trip up with an overnight stay it would be wise to keep an eye on how the credit your account. 4 more MR's to go, and settle in for a long winters nap...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.