Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by mcavin
FYI, Got the bonus on a one way STL-DTW.
Great! Please do let us know in a week or so if the miles are still there.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Was it ever determined if multiple round trips could be booked on the same PNR and receive credit?

BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
deleted
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
Was it ever determined if multiple round trips could be booked on the same PNR and receive credit?

BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the poster emailed Kevin who said that it should receive multiple 10K bonuses and if it didn't post correctly, Kevin would fix it. (Sorry if that is a run-on sentence.)
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by RobertH
Thanks for the idea about avoiding that toll. But you would exit to Route 7 south and then turn left (east) on Route 14. When that road enters Pennsylvania it becomes Route 51. Continue east on 51 until you hit I-376. Then go south on I-376 to the airport. Right?

Also, that toll is only going east/southeast, right? As I recall there is no toll there for vehicles headed toward Ohio.
Yes, you go south on Rt 7 for about 4-6 miles and then turn left on Rt 14. However, my brain was fuzzy from driving 4 hours after waking up at 3am... so I only remember telling my GPS to take a detour at the Rt 7 exit off I76. It took me correctly to the airport. I know there were many name change for the highway, but I just followed the sign toward airport/Pittsburgh.

I've driven I376 north connecting to I76 toward Detroit and straight up connecting to I80 toward Buffalo, and had to pay a toll for at least one of these routes, but it was a very small amount ($0.90 or $1.90??)
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta SM Lifetime, Hilton , Bonvoy Titanium
I just received my miles and mqm's for AMEX promo and now I need a big mileage run for carry over purposes for next year as i am not sure of my travel status in 2011. Looking for a nice cheap big run out of RDU 11/19-11-22. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by lively1nc
I just received my miles and mqm's for AMEX promo and now I need a big mileage run for carry over purposes for next year as i am not sure of my travel status in 2011. Looking for a nice cheap big run out of RDU 11/19-11-22. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you have a passport and about 1,000 read post 1701
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Multi city question:

Will I still get the bonus if I book a multi city trip that does not depart from the same cities it arrives in?

Example
PIT-PHL, and then AVP-MCO-AVP-PIT
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My third STL trip didn't post correctly, either. I'm missing the second-to-last flight again, so I only received a hub bonus on the return.

I'll wait a couple of days and then email Kevin Pinto again. I'll still be missing several thousand MQMs from my STL-SYD trip, but since he so promptly corrected the last trip, I'm not sure I should confuse the issue by talking about that in the same email.

With the (non-promotion) Europe trip I just booked for December, I should be at less than 5K from Diamond when the promotion bonuses are corrected.

I'm not yet sure that I want to go for it. 45K rollover to next year sounds really good.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by MachOne
By far the most challenging MR I've ever attempted.

STL-ATL is done.

ATL-LAX overnight LAX-NRT-SIN quick turn SIN-NRT-LAX-ATL-STL to go.

I may need professional help after it is over.

Thankfully it is all in BE.

MO
On my way back. Currently in NRT enjoying the SkyClub.^^

MO
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:46 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
I understand we only get the double MQM on Delta coded and Delta operated segments, but having SkyTeam partner segments on an itinerary will just result in non double MQM on those segments, correct?

What I'm looking at is:

STL-ATL DL
ATL-MUC DL
MUC-CDG AF
CDG-JFK AF
JFK-STL DL

We would get double MQM on the DL operated flights and the full 25k or 50k bonus, correct?
I had sent an email to Kevin Pinto to confirm this, but he has not responded yet, so I bit the bullet and booked, I am actually flying:

STL-MSP DL (F) = 500 x 1.5 x 2 = 1,500 MQM
MSP-ATL DL (F) = 906 x 1.5 x 2 = 2,718 MQM
ATL-MUC DL (I) = 4,800 x 1.5 x 2 = 14,400 MQM
MUC-CDG AF (I) = 500 x 1.5 = 750 MQM
CDG-JFK AF (I) = 3,635 x 1.5 = 5,452 MQM
JFK-STL DL (F) = 892 x 1.5 x 2 = 2,676 MQM

(Base mileage x Class of Service bonus x STL bonus, if applicable)

Total of 27,496 MQM by my calculations for an all-in price of $2,207.90. I booked this on the Delta website but it only showed 1x MQM for all flights on their mileage earning summary, which I'm pretty sure is not correct. Both AF flights are Delta flight numbers.

I wanted to do AF on CDG-JFK instead of using Delta metal for no other reason than to experience the A380 (hopefully an equipment substitution doesn't ruin that planning). The STL-MSP-ATL flights instead of straight STL-ATL cost an extra $90/ticket, I was surprised it cost that much more, but I figure it's about the easiest way I'll ever earn 2,718 MQM (i.e., I don't have to do a whole 'nother trip).

If I had gone straight Delta metal on this I would have actually just exceeded 75k MQM, with this I'll end the year at a hair over 73k MQM, which I actually prefer because of rollover.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
multi city to/from Memphis

I'm looking to fly from PBI (West Palm Beach) to MEM then from MEM to TPA. Will this qualify for the bonus miles and MQM promotion?

thanks
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by jramos116
I'm looking to fly from PBI (West Palm Beach) to MEM then from MEM to TPA. Will this qualify for the bonus miles and MQM promotion?

thanks
No it won't. Memphis is not one of the qualifying cities. BNA, RDU, PIt or STL
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:52 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Beckles
STL-MSP DL (F) = 500 x 1.5 x 2 = 1,500 MQM
MSP-ATL DL (F) = 906 x 1.5 x 2 = 2,718 MQM
ATL-MUC DL (I) = 4,800 x 1.5 x 2 = 14,400 MQM
MUC-CDG AF (I) = 500 x 1.5 = 750 MQM
CDG-JFK AF (I) = 3,635 x 1.5 = 5,452 MQM
JFK-STL DL (F) = 892 x 1.5 x 2 = 2,676 MQM

(Base mileage x Class of Service bonus x STL bonus, if applicable)
According to Kevin I will only get a 25k RDM bonus for this itinerary, I would think it would be 27.5k (25k for the international BE one-way, 2.5k for the domestic return from a hub the other), but either way, just FYI for anyone else considering a similar itinerary.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Doing BNA-ATL-SFO-ATL-BNA on Thansgiving day with a redeye return. Can anyone suggest a decent run for Friday the 26th out of BNA (leaving after 9AM), returning either the 26th or 27th?

Avoiding my family for the Thanksgiving since I have to spend a week with them over Christmas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.