Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's New Ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 11:07 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by bocastephen
As for Delta, of course I would expect nothing less from a company that plays games with first class fare semantics (The A fare debacle) and one that claims 'best in class status' while shoving its boot up the rear of its customers. Caveat Emptor.
^

Exactly, as bocastephen eloquently states, DL lacks integrity and simply cannot be trusted to honor any type of transaction in a reasonable way.

Here, the semantic jousting over the point of sale transaction laws does not hide the facts that:

1. OALs - not just CO.COM, but every airline website I've used even bad ones like KL.COM and BA.COM - do not do this in the disreputable way that DL does. They freeze the price and the inventory at the "purchase" screen for a reasonable time period to allow for entry of purchasing media details and completion of sale.

DL thinks its way of doing things is different, and better. It's nothing other than :-: best in class :-: for sure.

2. Reasonable people are being misled by DL's deceptive initial fare quotes. Same for awards, of course. But then, same people, same website, same corporate and transaction logic. Why be surprised?

As has often been said here on FT, many of us agree DL's practice is bait and switch and wouldn't be tolerated - even by those defending DL here - if it occurred with other merchant transactions. Remember the iPods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.