Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Double booking- What is Delta going to do to me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double booking- What is Delta going to do to me?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

The only reason this has me even "remotely" concerned is the fact that I have two flights booked DFW-ATL. If the second flight was DFW-MEM or anything else I would just ignore the entire thing. (Have done that before )

Since I will fly the first segment ATL-DFW they will have me in an active record.

I am beginning to think the thing to do is just check in for the flight I WANT 24 hours in advance, give the luggage to the curbside guys, and not worry about the one I won't take. The flight I won't take is AFTER the flight I already flew. I can ask the SkyClub in DFW to "fix" it. (I find they generally will do things at the gate or in person that the telephone folks won't... probably because in person they don't want to deal with "irate". Plus I always try to be VERY nice to them.)

Thanks for your help. I will report back if it blows up on me
Old May 7, 2010, 9:20 am

So a repeat offender of leaving bookings in the system you know you're not going to take!
Old May 7, 2010, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
So a repeat offender of leaving bookings in the system you know you're not going to take!
Actually probably not. I have double booked, but generally call and cancel one whole trip. That's why this is new to me. I call even if I am not getting any money back I figure it's just the thing to do.

For example I was suppose to go to Kansas a few weeks ago and wound up flying back to Orange County instead. Just called and cancelled Kansas even though at $142 I didn't get any "credit" to apply to my new booking to OC. And if there is ANYmoney involived I always call. I don't trust the airline to "give me credit" if I just don't show up.

I think I have been in this situation once or twice when I was just "rebooked" by my job and just didn't fly the next legs on the ticket . But the truth is that I had a corporate TA to deal with any issues that arose and that since those were at company request they would have had to pay. This time I need to go to Tampa for a personal matter so it's my $$ And I now work for a much smaller place without a TA where they want "cheapest possible airfares"
Old May 7, 2010, 1:44 pm

Just cancel the leg you aren't going to use after you take the first one. In future, you may be able to use it (with $150) change fee.

I just did this today - different return routing due to change of plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.