Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ 700 to have FC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Question CRJ 700 to have FC?

I was looking at my schedule in August and DL has me on a CRJ 700 from SDF-ATL that has same FC config as a 900. Is this something new or is there a bug in their system? BTW- Seatguru shows nothing of a 700 w/ FC.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
DL announced it some time ago and the first aircraft should be finished.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-f-crj700.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...crj-700-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rj-700-fc.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hlight=CRJ-700
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: AA lifetime Plat; DL Platinum & Black Reserve
Someone just posted this in the Seatguru forum as needing to be added...
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:39 pm

AndyTLe: Thank you for doing this. We sure have a lot of the same threads started! Maybe you can do this my two other favorites (Are Award Ticket's Upgradable and SDC questions).
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Flew MKE-DFW on a new 700 with F on an AA award ticket yesterday (they are so new to the AA system that the seatmaps for that aircraft are not even in the system yet). But I already had 1A and they left me in it. With the 3 rows of F, the FA's have to zig-zag the carts out of the galley into the aisle. The F section is about as comfortable as on the 900 (though the windows do align better); the first row bulkhead in coach looks great; the most bizarre thing, though, is how extremely narrow the coach aisle is - - which makes it a total sea of elbows - - plus a few knees - - and you have to slalom and pirouette all the way to the privy (in the rear). The FA's had a few things to say about trying to get a cart up that aisle!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by happydad100
AndyTLe: Thank you for doing this. We sure have a lot of the same threads started! Maybe you can do this my two other favorites (Are Award Ticket's Upgradable and SDC questions).
I think there just might be >1 "I hate Skypriority " theads also........
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have yet to actually fly FC in an RJ of any kind but ran across at least one coming between OKC and MSP which is good news for international travel from here.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:56 pm

There are (2) -700 series aircraft in the system with a first class cabin. One is for SkyWest, the other ASA. The flights these planes are used on currently are being sold Y only. The SkyWest -700 has also been substituting for -900's on a few trips.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Modification Period
ASA (EV) April 20 – June 14
SkyWest (OO) April 20 – June 30
Comair (OH) May 25 – June 30

On flights where a modified aircraft with two cabins is used, the seats in the forward cabin are to be considered “preferred” coach seats, meaning Elite Skymiles members and customers on a paid First/Business class fare should be offered these seats.
Once each carrier’s CRJ-700 fleet is complete, Delta will begin selling two classes of service (F and Y).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:25 am

For those with a keen eye...the SkyWest -700 in the new F9/Y56 configuration is N367CA and the ASA is N758EV. Both are in the wavy gravy/Deltaflot colors.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by zsmith2
Modification Period

On flights where a modified aircraft with two cabins is used, the seats in the forward cabin are to be considered “preferred” coach seats, meaning Elite Skymiles members and customers on a paid First/Business class fare should be offered these seats.
Once each carrier’s CRJ-700 fleet is complete, Delta will begin selling two classes of service (F and Y).
Any idea when these seats will be available to book? According to SMS they show as F seats in the system but they are not able to book them yet.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:49 pm

The date I'm hearing is June 15th but that could be just on several routes.

A few other notes...the forward lav is being removed, the galley gets some modifications, the Y seats are either new or recovered, the carpet is new and the bulkhead gets new coverings. All that in addition to the overhead bins being modified above the f/c section.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by N522US
All that in addition to the overhead bins being modified above the f/c section.
Does this mean the bins would then hold something larger than a small backpack? Great news, assuming the increased zone 1 SP boarders don't use the new bins.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2
Modification Period

Interestingly enough the CRJ-700 I'm booked on at the end of May has the 1-2 config on rows 1-3 BUT I cannot have them assigned, I am told they are "blocked for gate assignment".
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Does this mean the bins would then hold something larger than a small backpack? Great news, assuming the increased zone 1 SP boarders don't use the new bins.
I think the bin change has to do with the 1-seat side in the F cabin. The bins above those seats have to be changed out for smaller (useless) bins) or everybody it is going to protrude into the new aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.