Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
6/24:
PHX-MSP A320: Preflight Beverage. I was impressed as this was a 1 AM flight and everyone was in a bad mood.
MSP-RDU CR9: Preflight Beverage.

I've still yet to have a flight without one.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
0/2

This holiday wknd:

7/3: SLC-MSP - 757 - boarded middle door- no preflight beverage
7/5: MEM-SLC - A319 - no preflight beverage

First time all year for not having one; and no announcement why - both were on time and I boarded with all the other Sky Priority folks 30 min before departure.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:20 am

Both flights HOU-ATL this weekend had no pre flight beverages. On the first leg the FA went around and asked " What would you like to drink when we are in the air?"
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by brazzleman
This holiday wknd:

7/3: SLC-MSP - 757 - boarded middle door- no preflight beverage
7/5: MEM-SLC - A319 - no preflight beverage

First time all year for not having one; and no announcement why - both were on time and I boarded with all the other Sky Priority folks 30 min before departure.
Pure laziness.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I haven't kept exact track, but I am almost positive the ONLY PFB's I have received have been on Mesaba, on a CR9. Even when delayed. (Almost every DTW-BNA-DTW flight I've taken this year has been delayed)
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Not a frequent DL flyer by any means but I flew from Canada to MSP a few weeks back. Flight boarded on time though there wasn't any room with boarding through 1L on a 319. Drinks *could* have been served as there was a 1/2 hr+ at-gate ground hold imposed by the company while they decided whether to take extra fuel or not for the thunderstorm that was threatening MSP.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Wow, didn't realize this was an issue. I'm 6/6 so far this year.
On tonight's DL 2501 MEM-SFO, even got a lime in my G&T. ^
Y'all have it good compared to water (or maybe juice) only on AA and even then only 50% of the time. But OMG, what's with the tight First DL seating. AA's mad dogs seem like sleeper seats in comparison.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Gotta give credit where credit is due... I believe I am 16 for 16 on my last 4 trips.

Even got PFB on some delayed departures.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
From MSP to FAR, no pre-flight or in-flight beverage, until one of the First Class passengers got very rowdy half-way through the flight and demanded the FA at least offer a beverage.

The FA did not hide her displeasure at being forced to serve beverages. Considering the flight was delayed 4.5 hours, a little in-flight cocktail hit the spot.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, AA GLD/AC, SPG Gold
Interesting....I've had pretty good success with the ole PFB. I'm usually pretty aggressive about asking for it if they aren't johnny on the spot. If they say no and it is clear it is for no reason other than laziness (no IROPS, no overly full plane, late boarding etc....) I usually make a point to ask again and question the reasoning for not providing it. If the FA gives attitude and I'm on a paid F fare I will then point it out (I've only had to do that once).
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, AA, AS, UA, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Gold, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hilton Silver
2/2

Good luck this last weekend. 7/3 & 7/4

BOI-SLC
SLC-SEA

Pre-flight drinks on both.

Upgrades on both too.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by N522US
Pure laziness.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

Boarding/pre-flight Delta has gotten to be like going to the freakin' post office....and that ain't a compliment.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Msn-dtw . 15 minutes on the ground with no pfb. And this is after all passengers on board. Frustrating.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
On a MX-delayed flight out of DTW...

When it became apparent that we were not going anywhere soon, and after I had grown tired of watching the FAs clustered in the galley nattering about what restaurant they were going to that evening... I asked if they were going to do the PFB.

Response... "No, because the plane was late inbound, and the boarding was completed late."

Keep in mind that boarding had been completed 15 minutes earlier.

Perhaps the Captain heard my request, but someone instructed the FAs to do the PFB.

So, one went around taking orders, but making sure to tell each PAX "But we only have about 10 minutes before we close the door" ... as if to imply "You really don't want this , do you?"

We were still waiting for the door to close 30 minutes later.

Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
According to Sandy Gordon, DL VP of Inflight Service

PFBs are company policy unless there is a delayed boarding and the boarding occurs through door 1L.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.