Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Medallion Quarterly Statement!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Thumbs up New Medallion Quarterly Statement!

I do not believe this has been discussed before (no relevant or recent search results) but I just received my first _quarterly_ statement.

It looks very nice - with activity stats and nice little bar charts showing progress toward re-qualification

Nice new/re-design, Delta!

but on second thought, it appears it only shows February activity.Could it be the usual monthly statement, just mis-named to quarterly? Or, do the statements switch to a 4/year model? hm.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Typical

First DL devalues Skymiles by flooding the system with double and triple promotions, and now they've devalued the quarter to have less than 3 months in it.

Probably either an IT error (no, that couldnt happen at DL) or somewhere in the fine print they define the time period covered in this "quarterly" statement.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by jeff30189
First DL devalues Skymiles by flooding the system with double and triple promotions, and now they've devalued the quarter to have less than 3 months in it.

Probably either an IT error (no, that couldnt happen at DL) or somewhere in the fine print they define the time period covered in this "quarterly" statement.
Can someone please tell me how/why this is an improvement in services ?

Once upon a time nwa sent hard copies of these statements by mail, on a monthly basis.

Bob H
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BobH

Once upon a time nwa sent hard copies of these statements by mail, on a monthly basis.

Bob H
My favorite was the NWA annual statement with breakdown of where I earned my miles from by source.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
So someone tell me why a quarterly statement would be published after two months showing activity through February? Are we on a November Year End? Delta's idiotic ways continue...
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Perhaps it was a typo - and ye olde statement is now 'quarterly' even if it only shows one month. oops.

the point to this was that the new formatting and ways information is presented is nicer and better than before. it's a small step but i would consider it an improvement.
not everything delta does is horrid, and i believe they are trying...

obviously it does not replace award calendar functionality, but maybe one day that would be resolved too... for the use of the unborn children of my unborn children

Last edited by goodandclassy; Mar 19, 2010 at 11:57 am
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Quit moaning! Everything is not bad. The statement is pretty, has nice graphics and is a big improvement. Give them a break when they do something right, please!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's horrid. Am I entitled to compensation?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

of course. step in line. after Shenan I.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Another unnecessary item. I'd prefer someone allocated the programmer time to fixing the award calendar or some other more significant things. Some of the IT decisions that DL has implemented are great -- the connecting flight displays at the gates at ATL.
But this communication -- not a full quarter, reflects my status as of 2/28 (my status level is different now). Spend the time on meaningful things.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:25 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
The quarterly statement says I am PM, when I am actually DM. Unless it is really a quarterly statement with only 2 months, in which case it is correct since DM did not exist in Feb.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
The quarterly statement says I am PM, when I am actually DM. Unless it is really a quarterly statement with only 2 months, in which case it is correct since DM did not exist in Feb.
Mine too. It says Platinum but I'm most certainly a Diamond. I remember the NW emails I would get and they were always a "little behind with the miles and accuracy".
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Mine shows diamond, and also shows 195k EQM towards requalification So yes, it got the level right, but it is old data (I'm well over 200k eqm now).
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BobH

Bob H
Yes, it was nice from NWA. Sounds like DL is porting this over, so that is a nice feature if they didn't have it before. Not something to rave about though IMO.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
As does mine. My guess is that since it only includes info up to february, the diamond status had not started yet. We will see what the next one says.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.