Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Choice Benefits- How long it takes to gift a status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott LT Platinum, SPG platinum

I am a DM and chose to gift a GM status along with 25k miles as my benefits. My companion who gets a GM will be taking her next flight in 2 weeks time and I wa wondering how long it takes to get the new status in effect ....has any DM or PM who gifted status has seen any results yet ? I saw on DL FAQ's that it will take 4-6 weeks to process choice benefits, however, my 25k SM were posted immediately...^
Old Mar 16, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I gifted silver as a PM on a Thursday. The recipient got the e-mail within minutes of me gifting the status and when the "sweep" happened on Friday evening he became silver as of loggin in Saturday AM.

Very fast and efficient IMO.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:00 am

It took 2 months of waiting and then 2 calls to the DM line to get my gift of GM to finally go through! According to the website, you should allow 2 weeks. Maybe my experience with the exception?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Certainly could be - but we were supposed to fly BUF-ATL-LAX on 03/02 and we had the triple-7 booked for our equipment so he really was looking to score the upgrade. We both cleared for the upgrade then got shafted since 03/02 was the day the snowstorm blew into ATL and they ran out of de-icing fluid, etc. Made a wonderful trip a crazy trip as we ended up flying BUF-JFK-CMH-DTW-MSP-LAX to get out there for our meeting.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I gifted status and it reflected within ~24 hours
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
When do the recipients get a welcome package and elite cards? It has been about two months since the statuses I gifted took effect but no packages yet. These were 2009 Threshold Rewards.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:02 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
The gift went in ~24 hours for me, but my wife has yet to get the credentials.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
About 5 days for it to show up on dl.com, probably due to timing against the sweep.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:27 pm
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Originally Posted by Boilertube
It took 2 months of waiting and then 2 calls to the DM line to get my gift of GM to finally go through! According to the website, you should allow 2 weeks. Maybe my experience with the exception?
Since choice benefits have only been around for less than a month, I am guessing you mean gifting a threshold bonus. An email to Kevin Pinto should take care of this in about a day. Gave him a "above and beyond" for this.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
In my experience, it took about 12 hours.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott LT Platinum, SPG platinum
My companion did get her status level upgraded this morning and it took about 24 hours from the time I requested.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Mine too

Originally Posted by Boilertube
Actually your experience was an exception. 2 months, yes. Only one telephone call, perhaps I got the "super-Diamond" representative.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by Stripe
When do the recipients get a welcome package and elite cards? It has been about two months since the statuses I gifted took effect but no packages yet. These were 2009 Threshold Rewards.
Expect about 2 months to receive the packet this time of year. When I gifted silver status to someone last year, it took less than 4 hours to show up in their profile, but it took about 1 1/2 months to receive the card & packet.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Dilemma
Expect about 2 months to receive the packet this time of year. When I gifted silver status to someone last year, it took less than 4 hours to show up in their profile, but it took about 1 1/2 months to receive the card & packet.
I gifted gold (in Jan) and it took a couple of days (or less) since I only checked after two days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.