Programs: DL Plat, BA, SQ, SPG, HH, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, Amex MM
LAX-GRU DL

LAX-GRU DL
I can't find DL nonstop LAX-GRU ??
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by tomas.t
LAX-GRU DL
I can't find DL nonstop LAX-GRU ??

They discontinued it, I believe before they ever started flying it.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: NWA WP
Originally Posted by mhart11
my friend took lax-gru-lax in december... if you want skyteam, KE serves lax-gru nonstop with flights 061/062.

Last edited by monster0; Feb 24, 2010 at 10:40 am Reason: not yet discontinued, apparently
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:13 am

No, Delta has been running it off and on for a year or so, ends in 2 days(feb 26th).
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
No, Delta has been running it off and on for a year or so, ends in 2 days(feb 26th).
Just my luck, I'm flying to GRU in March.

How is the KE BE service?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Why would DL discontinue the flight so immediate? The route offers the only second carrier (KE being the 1st) to service the West Coast nonstop to Brazil.
Sao Paulo is a global business center, a city of 22M people and L.A. approx 14M people... seems like the market /demand would support it. I have flown the KE 777 GRU-LAX service twice now, and it is super convenient!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Just my luck, I'm flying to GRU in March.

How is the KE BE service?

KE BE: service, food, AVOD was all very good. I have done the route in 1st class where you get the lie flat bed, and in Prestige Class business where the seats are "lie flat at an angle." If both KE + DL were operating the route, I would choose KE. ^
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM
Why would DL discontinue the flight so immediate? The route offers the only second carrier (KE being the 1st) to service the West Coast nonstop to Brazil.
Sao Paulo is a global business center, a city of 22M people and L.A. approx 14M people... seems like the market /demand would support it. I have flown the KE 777 GRU-LAX service twice now, and it is super convenient!
simply put - poor performer.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/DM, AA 3MM/PLT, UA 1K
Originally Posted by phatpaw
simply put - poor performer.
I have a friend on the flight tonight. They are not flying March 1-April 28th. I think it is back 3 days a week after that.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:09 pm
Suspended

KE isnt even a competitor. They compliment DLs service. DL offers service mostly on the days that KE doesn't fly the route. There isn't even competition really. Loads apparently seem to be weak with no real competitors not a good sign for delta keeping the route, sorry to say.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by SkiUtah
KE isnt even a competitor. They compliment DLs service. DL offers service mostly on the days that KE doesn't fly the route. There isn't even competition really. Loads apparently seem to be weak with no real competitors not a good sign for delta keeping the route, sorry to say.
Absent a joint venture or antitrust immunity in Latin America, DL and KE are actually competitors on this route. There would have been nothing either would have loved more than the other going away.

I'm sad that this route didn't work out, but it is a long thin complex route to operate with fares that just didn't compensate for the long stage length. Oh well, I hope KE can make it work, but I still think that's a tall order.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by wschild
I have a friend on the flight tonight. They are not flying March 1-April 28th. I think it is back 3 days a week after that.
Timetable still showing 2 weekly from 01MAY10 but inventory has been Zero'd out since last month, so it's not coming back.

Also, Korean Air from 05MAY10 is introducing the latest generation inflight product on LAX GRU, features Kosmo First Suite, Prestige flat bed business. The product will surpass what DELTA is offering on 767 (even 77L)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.