Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Priority Checked Bag Tags Seem to Actually Work

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Checked Bag Tags Seem to Actually Work

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH D, Starwood Plat, Hertz PC
This has been a big improvement so far. I have 6 flights so far as a DM and it seems that my bags are coming out much quicker. Last night coming from Memphis, my 2 were among the first 5. I would say at least 15 min time savings.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
More work to done with the priority bag tags

Into TPA last week, all priority bags came off randomly - one of my two bags came out about dead last. Into BCN, all priority bags came off randomly with mine someone in the middle of the pack. Back to TPA, all priority bags came off first what a difference this makes to your attitude when it works! And finally to ATL, where they put all the bags (priority and not) from our flight onto the wrong carousel; we didn't discover them for a long time so who knows what order the bags came off.

So priority tags worked 1 in 4 on this trip; it's not encouraging me to check my bags in the future if I can avoid it. The good news is the bags all did arrive.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
50/50

It may be different in hub cities versus non-hub, but in my experience at both YYZ and PHX the compliance rate is about 50%.

What struck me as odd is that upon my last return to PHX, one of my checked bags was #3 down the chute and the second checked bag was well past #100 (I stopped counting).
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Depends on Connection Time

My travel typically brings me to regional airports by way of connection through a major hub. When the connection time is short, the priority bag tags work well; indeed, my bag is almost always one of the first on the belt. When the connection time is relatively long—2+ hours, say—my bag seems to get lost in the shuffle and doesn't make it out early with the other priority tagged bags. On a recent ATL-BOS flight, my bag was just about last on the belt. Sort of irritating at 2:00 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Out of the 14 flights so far after 3/1 I have had a checked bag on all of them and on all of them my bag was either the #1, #2 or #3 off. ^ I have already had more success than the last time Delta tried this .
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Just got back from a SE Asia trip and DL priority tags worked flawlessly in SIN, LAX (customs area) and MSY. ^
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Flew SEA-SLC today. My bag, once again, was within the 10 first bags unloaded, all of them with a priority tag.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just had my first experience with priority baggage since DL re-instituted the priority bag policy. I avoid checking bags at all costs but sometimes I just can't avoid it.

Checked two on my SEA-HNL flight today and they were the 3rd and 4th off the carousel, respectively.

Thanks DL ^

Now if I could only get Dollar Rent A Car in HNL to run a shuttle bus a little more frequently I'd be happy!

-RM
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Priority tags have not helped me on international travel - Europe, Africa, Asia -but today at LGA mine was the first off and the next three or so also had proirity tags. In the past I had plenty of time to switch from glasses to contacts but today this was a close call.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Used to be excellent in STL. Past few weeks (since the restart of using priority tags)...not so much.

If someone from DL is monitoring this thread, may I suggest a quality control run at this station?

-------------------
Priority tag service was excellent during recent trips to NRT and BKK.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
On my recent trip I had to claim my bag 3 times (sucks when you need to carry fluids in sizes > 100 ml), AMS outbound and MSP and LAX on the return. All three times the bag was early off -- though at LAX it was nearly 40 minutes after touchdown before they started coming out.

It looks like KLM is co-operating as well, which is a good thing.

A Well Done to Delta is in order. I really do hope they keep it up -- that was one of the nice features of flying CO when they were part of the family -- you knew you'd get your bag off quick.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
BTM dead last. Grrrrrr

Jim
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
50/50 as well

Just got back to DFW from MSP on Sunday with the family - 4 bags checked:

1 bag - was first out
1 - within the first 20
1 - about halfway through
1 - nearly dead last out

They were nearly all comparable size/weight - 25" rolling types. The 'dead last' one was my personal bag so it also had the new Medallion tag.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: DL PM
Among the last few at SAT last Friday...but I've noticed that at DTW, its always among the first few.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL GM (AMEX Reserve), HHonors Gold, Avis 1st
First try on this on Monday (SAT-MEM-PFN) and my bag was the first off. We'll see on the return on Thursday!

Last edited by Havequick99; Mar 23, 2010 at 5:47 pm Reason: whoops... my itin changed that day! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.