Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How come sometimes I can select an exit row/bulkhead online and sometimes I can't?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How come sometimes I can select an exit row/bulkhead online and sometimes I can't?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

The last few flights that I have had on Delta when I checked my seat online I could select and exit row seat but on a recent booking they are not available online. I called and the rep said they are open but you cannot book them online. I than stated my last 2 trips I book them online and they didn't have an answer...
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Was there any difference in aircraft between the flights you could book, and the flight you couldn't? Or were they all the same aircraft type?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
It allowed me to select a bulkhead seat on a Mesaba CRJ900 for the MEM-SLC route. So far that is the only time I have been able to choose a bulkhead online.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
I wonder if it is dependent on whether it is a former NW or DL flight because in the past, NW would allow you to choose bulkhead seats and Delta did not.

Mesaba is former NW.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:03 am
KLC
In Memoriam

I'm not clear on whether the OP is asking about exit rows, bulkheads, or the seats that are both, but this thread may help:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...w-flights.html
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I was able to do it on an ASA CRJ 700 18 hours before the flight from the Delta site the other day. I do not recall being able to do that before via the WWW... maybe this is part of the new double secret Diamond experience...
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
By it, I mean getting seat 2 Charlie, which is front bulkhead isle.... or Redneck First Klass as we call it....
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:01 am
gsw

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by bsmooth1
The last few flights that I have had on Delta when I checked my seat online I could select and exit row seat but on a recent booking they are not available online. I called and the rep said they are open but you cannot book them online. I than stated my last 2 trips I book them online and they didn't have an answer...
Just a thought, but were the bulkhead seats on that aircraft reserved for passengers with disabilities? ...and consequently released in the last 24 (or hpwever many) hrs? (This certainly would not apply to exit row seating, though.)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: DL KM
I think I ran into the same problem as the OP. Couldn't pick those seats upon booking, but could do so if I went back into the record afterward. I think it's part of the infamous website issues...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.