Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Sandy Gordon said front-to-back is the DL standard at the DO this year.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, American GLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Honestly I thought DL had killed FEBO. But it was alive and well last night on DL2829 ATL-SEA. I also prefer when FA's go by elite status -- but then again I'm top dog right now so I'd always be asked within the first three or so. Maybe FEBO is a more fair policy..

The FA has no idea who paid for FC and who is an upgrade.

The pax manifest lists name, origiation airport for the journey that day (not homebase) and MM status, Medallion status and SkyTeam Elite status.

For example, mine will always say, "MM DM/SkyTeam Elite Plus".

I still think it's weird how they waste all that space with printing out the full "SkyTeam Elite Plus" but the FA's have to read two little characters to know the elite level fo someone -- DM or PM or GM or FO.

-RM
I have a feeling they might know who is paid FC. On a flight recently when I was just an FO before hitting Gold, I was on a paid FC ticket. Before departure, I was one of 4 people up front in a 757 that was asked for meal choice (there was no apparent sequential order as it related to seating). She thanked me for choosing Delta, and then no other orders were taken.

Might be by chance, but have had this happen on more than one occasion. When I fly up front, it is normally paid.

Just my experiences.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pitbulllover
I have a feeling they might know who is paid FC. On a flight recently when I was just an FO before hitting Gold, I was on a paid FC ticket. Before departure, I was one of 4 people up front in a 757 that was asked for meal choice (there was no apparent sequential order as it related to seating). She thanked me for choosing Delta, and then no other orders were taken.
Didn't help tonight. I was paid F, although from connecting from cheapo MKE, so maybe that doesn't count?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by pitbulllover

Might be by chance, but have had this happen on more than one occasion. When I fly up front, it is normally paid.

Just my experiences.
Manifest does not show if you are on paid/award/upgrade/etc. It shows your elite status level (both Delta and SkyTeam), if you are a Flying Colonel, as well as any other designations for F passengers such as UM, NRSA/NRPS, etc. Aside from non-revs though, it does not show how you got into the F cabin (upgrade, paid, gate-buy up, etc.).
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I actually had my first FEBO of the year where they actually started from the back on an odd numbered flight. It was ATL-LAS and was a bit annoying. Luckily I still got what I wanted, but for this reason, I consistently pick a seat in the middle of the cabin.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by javabytes
Sandy Gordon said front-to-back is the DL standard at the DO this year.
Someone needs to let the FA on DL 1805 from DTW-MCO that FEBO is dead... She did FEBO from back to front and when a couple of us inquired, she said that FEBO is the procedure. I figure this is just a product of inconsistent training....

Has anyone else seen this recently?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
In my experience, it is completely random, FEBO, no FEBO, WAAW (Window-Aisle-Aisle-Window), AAWW, LIFO (Last In First Offered) and "Who knows where or when" (by Frank Sinatra).

Cheers
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by X3Skier
In my experience, it is completely random, FEBO, no FEBO, WAAW (Window-Aisle-Aisle-Window), AAWW, LIFO (Last In First Offered) and "Who knows where or when" (by Frank Sinatra).

Cheers
First 4 flights this year - 3 with meal. All 4 with BFB. All meal flights were F to B for orders, all were F to B for service of the meal. One had the first beverage service B to F. One had 4B served first for everything as he was a returning Afghan vet who had lost a leg.

We'll see what happens tomorrow on my first TATL of the year.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bicostal
First 4 flights this year - 3 with meal. All 4 with BFB. All meal flights were F to B for orders, all were F to B for service of the meal. One had the first beverage service B to F.
OK I'm confused. All 4 with BFB, as in Back-Front-Back, yet orders were Front-Back??
Old Jan 8, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
My last PHL-SLC flight was FEBO (eg, from the back).
Old Jan 8, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
OK I'm confused. All 4 with BFB, as in Back-Front-Back, yet orders were Front-Back??
BFB was supposed to be PFB (pre-flight beverage). oops
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
FEBO - Dead Or Alive???

Ok, before I get bombarded with the answer that was given at the ATLDO, please read on....

All of my flights lately, with the exception of 1, DTW - MCO, have had meal orders taken from front to back. I thought this was the correct way given the response at the ATLDO.

On this flight in question, I made a point to ask the FA specifically whether FEBO was alive and well or not. She insisted that it was. I, being informed by FT, could not let it lie and wrote a letter to DL to find out their response... Below is the letter that I sent them along with their response. I was a little surprised and now really confused....

My Letter....

Message: I am writing to get clarification of the order in which meal
orders are taken in domestic First. It is my understanding that orders
are to be taken from front to back and thus I choose my seats
accordingly. On Flight 1805, the FA took orders from back to front.
Thus, with me sitting in 1B, there was only one choice. My issue is not
that my meal preference was not available, but more with the issue of
inconsistency in service. I know there was a time when orders followed
FEBO (front even/back odd), but I was under the impression that that
method is no longer followed. I would like to know correct order so that
I can choose seats accordingly. I also believe this to be a training
issue that should be addressed. Thank you.

The Responded with.....

Dear Crazyhotelguy,

RE: Case Number XXXXXXX

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the service provided to
you while traveling with us on January 7. On behalf of everyone at
Delta Air Lines, I sincerely apologize for the lack of inflight meals
that were available.

I am truly sorry we failed to board an adequate number of meals on your
recent flight to Orlando. I regret to learn by the time our flight
attendant reached your seat there was only one meal choice left. I
certainly understand how disappointing this must have been for you. For
future reference, we still follow the front even, back odd policy.
Therefore, if it is an domestic flight with an odd numbered flight
number, we start our meal service in the rear of the aircraft.
However,
passenger comments like yours are critical in evaluating our food
service, and our future course of action is based on feedback like you
have provided. Please be assured your concerns will be shared with our
Onboard Services leadership team.

With that said, as a gesture of goodwill for the lack of available
inflight meals provided to you, I have added 5,500 bonus miles to your
SkyMiles account. Please allow three business days for the miles to
appear.

As a Diamond Medallion member, you are an integral part of our customer
base and we are always interested in your feedback. Thank you for
taking the time to write us regarding our inflight meal service. We
deeply value your business.

Sincerely,

Coordinator, Customer Care
Delta Air Lines/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Please also note, that I did not intend on complaining for miles... I just wanted an answer as to whether FEBO was practiced or not. Heck, I did not really care which meal choice that I got on this flight as both were OK with me.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Jan 10, 2011 at 7:12 pm
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:13 pm

In my experiences it is 98% dead!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Perhaps the Customer Care reps are as inconsistently trained as the FAs...
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Perhaps the Customer Care reps are as inconsistently trained as the FAs...
That thought came to mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.