Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Dang it. And I selected row 6 on a 757 transcon for tomorrow because of FEBO! J/K. I am in row 6 though.

Actually, Delta's food options are pretty bad IMHO. The chicken is potentially healthy while the pasta is artery-hardening-as-you-fly.

-RM
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Of course, this has exactly a 50% chance of being accurate, since most of these responses are quite random.

Originally Posted by msp727
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com. We are sorry for the
delay in responding to your message.

Delta Air Lines does not use the FEBO as a service standard for first
class meal service. Our flight attendants deliver meals in first class
starting from row 1.

Mr. Achman, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to
your concern. We very much appreciate your Medallion loyalty to Delta
and look forward to the privilege of serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Kirk Patrick
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
My JFK to SFO flight recently the FA served the upgrades last and the payings first.

She even made it a point to tell people she was serving the paying first and even said she might not have our first choice.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
My JFK to SFO flight recently the FA served the upgrades last and the payings first.

She even made it a point to tell people she was serving the paying first and even said she might not have our first choice.
I don't believe the FAs know who is upgraded and who is paid.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by vasantn
On INTL flights there's a manifest that clearly shows who is elite, who is on a paid fair, who was upgraded or used an upgrade instrument, and who was op-up'd. Given SFO-JFK is marketed as business elite, it wouldn't surprise me if the manifest were similarly detailed.

As for whether this information is on a domestic passenger manifest, perhaps one of our resident FAs would care to chime in?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ifette
On INTL flights there's a manifest that clearly shows who is elite, who is on a paid fair, who was upgraded or used an upgrade instrument, and who was op-up'd. Given SFO-JFK is marketed as business elite, it wouldn't surprise me if the manifest were similarly detailed.

As for whether this information is on a domestic passenger manifest, perhaps one of our resident FAs would care to chime in?
Do you have first-hand knowledge of this? AFAIK manifests only show elite status and MM status, unless things have changed in recent years.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:51 am

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star
Well, they definitely know who is a Medallion MM. On two of my recent flights, the FA went around the cabin thanking specific pax for their million miler status and loyalty, and offering them first crack at meal choice. On the first flight, one guy behind me (whose seatmate was also MM) said something like "In fact, I am a 3 million miler", to which the FA replied, "My apologies for not greeting you as such. Our manifest only says 'million miler', but not how many millions." It was said politely, not snarky.

I couldn't quite make out her zigzags after she had hit the 4 or 5 MMs in the cabin, but it appeared she was going down the line of Medallion status. I had expected to be reasonably high up that chain, but even as a Platinum I was one of the last ones asked (in 4C on a 757 transcon, so roughly mid-cabin). She still thanked me for my loyalty.

I simply assume that DL has no particular policy in place that FAs must follow, so it's entirely up to how creative they're feeling that day. But AA strictly follows FEBO and UA fairly consistently follows MP status.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Horizons
Well, they definitely know who is a Medallion MM.
Yep, exactly what I said.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this? AFAIK manifests only show elite status and MM status, unless things have changed in recent years.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Delta's pax manifests only distinguish among NRSAs, involuntary-bump-ups, and revenue pax. Among regular revenue pax, there is no indication who is using upgrade instruments or who is on an award ticket, or who is paying what fare category.

As for status, next to each pax name are indicatiors such as:

FF - regular Skymiles member
FO - Silver Medallion
GM/SkyTeam Elite - Gold Medallion
PM/SkyTeam ElitePlus - Platinum Medallion
SkyTeam Elite or SkyTeam ElitePlus - meaning pax who have AF or KE or AM or SU, etc., elite status
Also, MM to indicate MillionMiler (but not 2MM or 3MM, etc)
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Well the FA on DL719 on the 7th Jumped around the cabin going front to back serving people in a random order and those she didn't serve she told they may not get their first option.

I was in 3A. I think 2 people in Row 2 and someone in Row 4 was served before me along with the guy in 3B. My stomach grumbled while he ate lol.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Sorry, was recalling NW manifests. NW manifests had a ton of information, and given that the majority of my INTL has been SFO-NRT or via AMS, I have flown very few DL-op INTL flights recently. That's obviously now changed...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Delta's pax manifests only distinguish among NRSAs, involuntary-bump-ups, and revenue pax. Among regular revenue pax, there is no indication who is using upgrade instruments or who is on an award ticket, or who is paying what fare category.

As for status, next to each pax name are indicatiors such as:

FF - regular Skymiles member
FO - Silver Medallion
GM/SkyTeam Elite - Gold Medallion
PM/SkyTeam ElitePlus - Platinum Medallion
SkyTeam Elite or SkyTeam ElitePlus - meaning pax who have AF or KE or AM or SU, etc., elite status
Also, MM to indicate MillionMiler (but not 2MM or 3MM, etc)

Hey clipper

dont forget the

FC- Flying Colonel

then if it is blank next to their name.. they are full fare non skymiles member.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Currently on DL 65 ATL-LAS (763). FEBO is being used.

4ABCD, 3ABCD, 4 EF, 3 EF, 2ABCD, 2EF, 1ABCD, 1 EF
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I was on a BOS-SLC flight last week and they did FEBO.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I did DTW-MCO last week in 6C and they did not FEBO the lunch service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.