Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SEA Medallion/Elite/MVP express security lines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond

I use AS to fly to SEA frequently due to NS service and ability to accrue MQM on DL. Last weekend I was forced to leave the express security line because I could not produce an AS MVP/Gold card. The security lines have been modified over the past few years at that airport, and there are now several check points. DL has moved ops to the old NW gates in the south terminal, so I assume that the security check point that is closer to the S gates does still have an express line that allows DL elites to pass. I didn't have time to run down there and check, but I did use my NW status in 2009 to pass via the express lane at the south end several times. It may be useful info to know that you may be able to enter the secure zone via the express lane at the south end of the terminal, even if you are turned away at the central or north end. Anyone else have this experience?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I've used both the north and the south end security lines many times, most recently in mid-January, and never had any problem with access to either elite express line. I have always been on NWA tickets that indicate my NW/DL status. Maybe you have to have the status with the airline on which you are ticketed? That seems picky!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Have encountered this a few times. The elite line checkers at the N gates seem to be a lot pickier about who they let through. Gotta have specific airlines eliter or F tickets to use them. Never had a problem with the S elite lines. A valid elite card or some indication on your bp will suffice.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:42 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
I used the north elite line (the one that posted to include UA elites) on an AS ticket last month and flashed my UA Premier Exec card and didn't have any problems. I didn't try at the other checkpoint. I imagine that you could get through at the south line for sure but it can be a longer walk to the AS gates.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
The S checkers never seem to care, I used to go in with my FO card all the time.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AS BR, DL, HH Gold
Someone posted this in AS forum a couple of days ago. The express lanes at SEA are not for DL elites (or UA, for that matter). Alaska MVP Gold only. If you got in before, it was because the agent didn't know or didn't care.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond
SEA-ORDFF,
I know you want to protect your turf, but look here to see that SEA is listed as an express security airport for DL elites:
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...rity/index.jsp
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SEA-ORDFF
Someone posted this in AS forum a couple of days ago. The express lanes at SEA are not for DL elites (or UA, for that matter). Alaska MVP Gold only. If you got in before, it was because the agent didn't know or didn't care.
The express lanes at S sure are for NW/DL.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
The South Security lane has an express lane for AA,DL and more that use A and S. I used it not 3 hours ago - just like the AS lines in Central hours are limited - which is tough when DL has 4 red-eyes now.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
No SEA-JFK redeye at present, unfortunately.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
No SEA-JFK redeye at present, unfortunately.
It will be back in just a bit - just the normal seasonal reduction we see. I think it is in March/April it returns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.