Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will DL need extra sections from IND/MSY-FLL/PBI/MIA during Super Bowl?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

Do you really think where lots of those passengers will have to flying to MIA/FLL/PBI? DL should have to get more extra sections from MSY/IND-FLL flight? I would certainly if they will have to bring more Saints/Colts fans are going to the Super Bowl on February 7. So otherwise, it should have to bring more larger aircraft out of MSY-FLL or IND-FLL/MIA. So let's speculations begin.

Regards
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
I live relatively close to New Orleans and I have family in Palm Beach. I just usually drive down since it takes about 8.5 hours plus you don't have spend $$$ on plane tickets. I don't seem them loading up many extra flights. They'll probably just jack up the prices on whatever they have left and then add accordingly.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
No. The two markets have plenty of capacity via CVG/ATL to south Florida.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:49 pm

Pretty sure that they'll add a few extra sections ex-ATL to handle the capacity.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta
I was curious about this so I checked into this a few weeks ago. From ATL anyway, they're going to run 12 767-300's to MIA on Monday after. From FLL they're going to run 12 767-300's and 2 767-400's. For PBI it looks like a normal schedule to ATL.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by motormadness
I was curious about this so I checked into this a few weeks ago. From ATL anyway, they're going to run 12 767-300's to MIA on Monday after. From FLL they're going to run 12 767-300's and 2 767-400's. For PBI it looks like a normal schedule to ATL.
Yeah, probably you're right about that. It will have to bring more special flight from MSY/IND-FLL/MIA, too. I remember what they did from last year where lots of the fans went to TPA by previously Super Bowl Games against Pittsburgh Steelers & AZ Cardinals, too. I remember where the entire games is hosted in TPA. So this time where next Super Bowl games will be hosted in South Florida once again.

If the weather permitted will be good for this time. If they doesn't have a chance to get rains again. Do you remember from last time where the games came into FLL/MIA during Super Bowl in year of Feb. 2007. The weather is so terrible and it was so much raining all evening long. That's why the entire games are getting so wet & the fans, too.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Now, it's official from DL is getting more extra sections

Hi All,

DL will have adding 2 more nonstop from MSY-MIA on Feb. 5, 2010 and returns back to MSY on Feb. 8, 2010. So also, DL will have more extra sections from IND-ATL & ATL-MIA, too. It will bring more equipped to be change from 757 to 767-300 aircraft due to Super Bowl weekend. So unfortunately, there is no chance to get more extra sections into FLL for this time. I believe DL will have to increasing the bags requirement cutoff time from 30 to 45 minutes before departed flight out of MIA. So here the links came in this morning. Here it is:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Delta-....html?x=0&.v=1

DL will flying Indianaoplis Colts & New Orleans Saints team will be on their way to MIA. Thanks all.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.