Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Banana Bandit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:29 pm

WRITE. Include specific flight and date info, and describe the FA who stole the banana.

It is their job to serve you, and the food is in the basket for the passengers. Period.

WRITE.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Don't waste your time with a letter; save it for when something really goes wrong.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Don't waste your time with a letter; save it for when something really goes wrong.
Like when the FA stashes all the Biscoffs... The Biscoff Bandit!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
In most workplaces, theft is a terminable offense.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
It's customary at pretty much all carriers for flight crews and cabin crews to be able to have a snack or a meal onboard from unwanted/unused catering that would otherwise be wasted. There are additional rules of course regarding what the flight deck crew can/cannot eat.

However the main point to note is that crew can perhaps have a snack from UNWANTED OR UNUSED items. Taking items from meal trays or snack baskets before serving all passengers onboard is plain wrong and the FA should be pulled up on the point.

Rather than getting into the specifics on the 'banana bandit' - why not just send in a quick TTU or whatever it is called at DL these days and just say that you observed one of the FA's removing items from the snack box before service for apparent personal consumption and that this depleted the options for passengers - and you'd suggest that inflight service at Compass (I'm guessing it's Compass?) send out a memo to their FA teams to remind them that passengers must be served first before removing or consuming items.

Not too whiny, more 'informational', and not coming across as 'gimme something'...
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Why be all coy about it? I would have called her out on it. Or grabbed the tail of the banana from her pocket and say "thanks". lol.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Like when the FA stashes all the Biscoffs... The Biscoff Bandit!
If they mess with the Biscoff, you start a riot on the plane. That just won't stand.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Moebius01
If they mess with the Biscoff, you start a riot on the plane. That just won't stand.
I feel the same way about my Woodford... The Bourbon Bandit!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by vatraveler
In most workplaces, theft is a terminable offense.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Ya’ll pulling out the rope and are ready to string her out.

Is there 100% proof she stole the banana? Maybe it was her banana and she decided to put it in the tray rather than throw it out. She later changed her mind and put it in her pocket. Think about it! BTW, I am not a lawyer, but there is a small possibility she may be innocent.

Good thing it wasn’t a male FA else you could have done the old line of “Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me”?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
today i took a flight on DL. i was not treated like royalty. should i write a letter and how many miles should i demand? cmon people this is getting ridiculous. another reason why there are 1 bazillion unused miles out there driving up the cost of redemptions.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gte157q
today i took a flight on DL. i was not treated like royalty. should i write a letter and how many miles should i demand? cmon people this is getting ridiculous. another reason why there are 1 bazillion unused miles out there driving up the cost of redemptions.
Did you read my post????
Did I say anything about trying to get miles??
Did I say anything about not being treated like royalty?
cmon gte157q - your being ridiculous
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
I must say that when I read this excellent thread title, I thought it was going to be about an FA doing something with OP's "banana"...
Old Jan 21, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
... “Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me”?
Can't believe it took 24 posts for that one to show up !
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP should definitely write Delta and ask for his banana.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by kar don
Why be all coy about it? I would have called her out on it. Or grabbed the tail of the banana from her pocket and say "thanks". lol.
And get written up for "interfering with a flight crew?" -- better you than I...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.