Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Banana Bandit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by USirritated
Yes, of course there is a banana cert! For anyone who reads this, per DL management, tongue planted firmly in cheek, kindly print out the entire TEN pages of this thread and hand it to any DL flight attendant in domestic first for a complimentary banana, and a weird look, followed by roars of laughter from the flight crew about 20 minutes later!
Will do so, but only if exchangeable with "chips" cert ... see, I do not particularly care for bananas
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:23 pm

Not even worth your posting. I'm sure the FA assumed there were folks like me that hate bananas and would have to be close to starvation before I would eat one. Were you the last seat? How about the guy behind you. She didn't eat "his" banana.

If this is your worst flight experience, you are fortunate indeed.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Wouldn't you rather they concentrate on REAL issues like fixing the SWU issues or giving us an online Award Booking process that works?
When a company's culture allows "little incidents" you have close to zero chance of fixing larger problems.

Write the letter. This is a culture problem that needs to be fixed, now.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
No banana cert?
Originally Posted by USirritated
Yes, of course there is a banana cert! For anyone who reads this, per DL management, tongue planted firmly in cheek, kindly print out the entire TEN pages of this thread and hand it to any DL flight attendant in domestic first for a complimentary banana, and a weird look, followed by roars of laughter from the flight crew about 20 minutes later!
Originally Posted by Travelomania
Will do so, but only if exchangeable with "chips" cert ... see, I do not particularly care for bananas
REALLY? OY VEY! LOL! (I kind of think that you are missing the point here. Bananas are not really the specific problem here, but they are a proxy for an attitude problem on the part of some DL employees. Although I am sure that many people will disagree with me on this part, how DL customer service/management responds to complaints such as this, are a proxy for some of the frequent, seemingly intractable problems that DL management faces for all sorts of loyalty programs, elite issues, and and general customer service issues. (To be fair, generally all of the major airlines have similar issues.)

Originally Posted by mreed911
When a company's culture allows "little incidents" you have close to zero chance of fixing larger problems.

Write the letter. This is a culture problem that needs to be fixed, now.
Different people look at a situation such as this differently.

For some people, they favor an attitude that is well represented by an old expression that some people here might be familiar with: "Don't major in minor."

Others might favor a basically opposite attitude that is well conveyed by another old expression that some people might be familiar with: "Take care of the little things, and the big things will take care of themselves."

I happen to believe that the attitude is the problem, as I said above, and that DL customer service/management needs to address the attitude problem, because, as you said, if they can't adequately deal with something so minor (though important), then they have no chance of fixing what are really, truly, big problems.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
Good thing it wasn’t a male FA else you could have done the old line of “Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me”?
Based upon my observations, there are a few male FAs who would get very excited about that comment and you might find yourself in an extremely awkward position, so to speak.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Intercontinental Plat, Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star, National Exec
I believe I have discovered the Banana Bandit. This DM DYKWIA seems to be quite happy with his snack basket choice.

Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: DL -DM / 2MM, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum
Originally Posted by Tomphot
IThis is when I started to think that there might have been other issues with the second FA as the first one was pushing me to write a letter.
Is this really worth a letter?
Delta keeps track of all the letters and complaints that you send in. Is this something really worth whining about??? Unbelievable........
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by oupiglet
I believe I have discovered the Banana Bandit. This DM DYKWIA seems to be quite happy with his snack basket choice.

Be careful - trlaura will want to Ban stuffed animals and roll aboard's
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:47 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Banana Bandit Spotted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3JYfQjvEo
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Reply to a post that has been deleted

Last edited by Tomphot; Aug 10, 2017 at 4:01 pm
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i fail to see how racism was a factor at all.....
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:46 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ianturner
i fail to see how racism was a factor at all.....
I agree.. but we may be a step closer to discovering the infamous banana bandit.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
I think racism against Spotted People is just as bad as any other!!!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This video was much more amusing. Seems that somebody stole the AVOD unit. haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywm_...eature=related
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dd992emo
I think racism against Spotted People is just as bad as any other!!!
Appreciate your solidarity with those who have vitiligo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.