Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL coded flight on AF metal. Does it earn MQMs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:11 am
Original Poster

I am certain I read a thread in which DL coded flight on AF metal earned MQMs. Am I correct?
I'm getting ready to book itin for the family and this combination provides the best schedule for us. In our case, it is a U fare on DL #8517 on AF B747. Second choice, which would guarentee MQMs, is DL#824 on NW A330.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
With the correct fare class and operating airline, AF-coded flights can be MQM earning.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
With the correct fare class and operating airline, AF-coded flights can be MQM earning.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ions/index.jsp
Yes, I reviewed this chart as well. If I book on DL.com and the fare basis shown is U, then according to this chart I should earn MQMs. Correct?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by gsorob
Yes, I reviewed this chart as well. If I book on DL.com and the fare basis shown is U, then according to this chart I should earn MQMs. Correct?
Yes you will. 1 mqm per 1 mile flown booked in U class
Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Yes you will. 1 mqm per 1 mile flown booked in U class
Thanks. One last question.
Unfortunately, this trip has to be coach. As between NW A330 vs. AF B777 or AF B747, any preferences?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by gsorob
Thanks. One last question.
Unfortunately, this trip has to be coach. As between NW A330 vs. AF B777 or AF B747, any preferences?
The front coach cabin of the NW 330 have a bit extra pitch (33 vs 31 inches, IIRC) plus a power port. Many of the seats are "Premium" meaning you need status to choose them in advance.

I've only flown an AF 777 once (luckily in J on an award) but I went back and looked at the coach seats since I figured I would be there on future trips and they were 10 across (3-4-3) which made the seats very narrow.

Check out www.seatguru.com for more info
Old Jan 2, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
To confirm all the above reassurances: In early December I flew a NW coded flight on AF from AMS to CDG, a 259 mile flight, on a U fare basis. My SkyMiles account was credited with 500 MQMs for that flight, in accordance with the minimum credit for short flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.