Community
Wiki Posts
Search

award stopover question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:21 am
Original Poster

award stopover question

a friend of mine is currently holding an award ticket HKG-BOS-HKG with a two week stay in BOS. she wants to add BOS-PHX-SFO-BOS to her plans, all before returning from BOS to HKG. the stop in PHX would be without an overnight, and the stop in SFO would be one or two nights.

i'd like to suggest something like an open jaw HKG-BOS SFO-HKG on the award ticket and BOS-PHX-SFO as a separate ticket, unless the stops in PHX and SFO can be worked in as an overall multicity trip with one stopover (say in PHX).

as far as stopovers go, can you pick a random city that is not part of a convenient routing (like PHX between BOS and SFO) and ask for a stopover there at the same price as without the stopover ?

just wondering

thanks
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:38 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I am pretty sure that HKG-BOS-SFO-HKG would all be allowed on one ticket since one stopover is allowed.

What you are proposing (with the purchase of BOS-SFO separately) is considered an "open jaw" which is also allowed. But why pay cash for the BOS-SFO ticket if it can be included in the award ticket?

If the traveler really wants to spend some time in PHX, then multiple tickets is the only answer.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fti
I am pretty sure that HKG-BOS-SFO-HKG would all be allowed on one ticket since one stopover is allowed.

What you are proposing (with the purchase of BOS-SFO separately) is considered an "open jaw" which is also allowed. But why pay cash for the BOS-SFO ticket if it can be included in the award ticket?

If the traveler really wants to spend some time in PHX, then multiple tickets is the only answer.
the stop in PHX is business related and thus more crucial than coming to SF to visit yours truly. i'm mainly trying to convince her not to backtrack from SFO to BOS on a redeye and then turn around the same morning and do BOS-HKG. issue is that the original award ticket has already been booked, i think. well, i guess there are numerous issues ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.