Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24,900 EQMs this year

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
Thanks very much! I found a DCA-CVG-SFO-DTW-DCA for 231.90 AI. I'm a 15 minute cab ride from DCA, so I was very happy to find that fare from there.

I'm going on a mileage run!
Good find. Have fun !
Old Nov 26, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta Plat; Hilton Gold; Holiday Inn Gold; Hertz Presidents Club, Marriott Gold, AA Silver
segments?

Doesn't 26 segments get you Silver? Or am I mistaken on that.
SORRY should have looked first, it is 30 segments for Silver.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:45 pm

Smile

The beauty of a mileage run at 24,000+ miles is the excess over 25,000 goes toward next year.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:09 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, MR Platinum, DL Platinum
Nice job attaining Silver! This is not the year to rely on receiving a bump to Medallion. In addition to the Rollover, it was money well spent. At the very least, you'll enjoy waived baggage fees, priority boarding, preferred seating, and complimentary upgrades!
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by jmacman
Nice job attaining Silver! This is not the year to rely on receiving a bump to Medallion. In addition to the Rollover, it was money well spent. At the very least, you'll enjoy waived baggage fees, priority boarding, preferred seating, and complimentary upgrades!
As well as a 25% bonus on SkyMiles earned from flying. (Why does everyone forget this?)
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Silver/1MM - EK Platinum - HH Gold
have fun, next year may be you make a MR in FC.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
Many thanks for all the advise. "Status," even lowly silver status, was entirely new to me this year. I enjoyed a few upgrades, a few additional miles, and definately better seats in coach.

That being said, I had a 300 voucher that I decided to use to fly to PHX next week Saturday (same day turn) for 260. I should earn the necessary 100 EQMs to give me silver status again next year, and start me out with about 4000 EQMs for the following year's run for silver.

I'll continue to keep reading and learning from all the experts...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Thanks very much! I found a DCA-CVG-SFO-DTW-DCA for 234.90 AI. I'm a 15 minute cab ride from DCA, so I was very happy to find that fare from there.

I'm pleased to report that I successfully completed the easiest mileage run ever (for me at least) on Saturday. Considering DC had its first snowfall, it could not have gone better. All flights were ontime or early, and the crews were uniformly good. My last 2 segments (which were on NW metal) posted just after midnight this morning, and by the time I woke up, Delta.com reflected my status as "Silver Medallion."
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I'm pleased to report that I successfully completed the easiest mileage run ever (for me at least) on Saturday. Considering DC had its first snowfall, it could not have gone better. All flights were ontime or early, and the crews were uniformly good. My last 2 segments (which were on NW metal) posted just after midnight this morning, and by the time I woke up, Delta.com reflected my status as "Silver Medallion."
Congrats. You have now crossed over into the weird world of obsessive FTers. (me included).

Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
Thanks very much! I found a DCA-CVG-SFO-DTW-DCA for 234.90 AI. I'm a 15 minute cab ride from DCA, so I was very happy to find that fare from there.

Why not just talk to your travel agent and get them to have the NW/Delta rep get you bumped up to silver. As a one time thing, they should pull some weight..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.