Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does not having an assigned seat affect upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:31 am
CDQ
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm ticketed on two flights that are full on October 27 and 29th. Tickets are M class and I do not have a seat assignment.

My fear is that they are going to clear me with standbys which would kill my chance of an upgrade. My itinerary does show "upgrade requested".

Also what's the upgrade probability of a platinum on a M fare LAX-MSP-LAX 753?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by CDQ
I'm ticketed on two flights that are full on October 27 and 29th. Tickets are M class and I do not have a seat assignment.

My fear is that they are going to clear me with standbys which would kill my chance of an upgrade. My itinerary does show "upgrade requested".

Also what's the upgrade probability of a platinum on a M fare LAX-MSP-LAX 753?
As long as you are confirmed on the flight in Y, you should clear with your window. If you are only standby (which you couldn't be this far in advance), the process if followed correctly by the GA is to clear you to a Y seat and then you can be cleared to F.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One must be confirmed on a flight, but need not have a seat assigned, for auto upgrade processing to proceed normally.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
One must be confirmed on a flight, but need not have a seat assigned, for auto upgrade processing to proceed normally.
Ye I can confirm this. I was on a flight a couple weeks ago where I the only seats left were the $$Choice$$ so my itin said "Seat not assigned" and I went straight to FC at the 5 day window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.